Food suggestions

Lun
CLOK Patron

Food suggestions

Post by Lun »

[OOC - (a mysterious GM)]: Post what you want to be able to cook on the forums, so I can go back to it for reference. And be as specific as you want to be. When I say I don't cook, I mean it. I'd be pretty content eating pasta and sandwiches every day.

I don't really have any ideas, actually, but here's for all you creative cooks out there.
Blitz

Re: Food suggestions

Post by Blitz »

Let's start with requesting to be able to cook pasta and sandwiches then. =)
baerden

Post by baerden »

Spitted roast deer meat

3 Large stave + 5 meat

/-\
^
Meat goes here
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

kebab
No cooking utensil
1 stick or small stave, + 1 chunk of meat + 1 wild onion

Vegetable stirfry
Needs a frying pan or similar utensil, pot doesn't work
3 vegetables + stock+salt +pepper
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Can we be able to slice watermelon? Like 1 watermelon can be sliced into 8 individual slices, which you place on the ground. This same thing can be done to pumpkin, and pumpkin slices can be used to make pumpkin pies.
Karasi

Post by Karasi »

Here are some suggestions:

bread
baked goods--cakes, cookies, brownies, or whatever would fit into game genre
fruit-filled goodness--tarts, turnovers
same for meat and/or veggies

The ability to put corn or another veggie in a pot with spices, and cook it as is. Sometimes a bowl full of veggies is what hits the spot.
mashed potatoes

butter and/or milk as a cooking ingredient
cheaper pots of pepper and other things, salt we can buy and grind ourselves without having to pay an arm and a leg. No mining involved, although if that's put in, it'd be awesome too because the miners could sell the salt that the cooks could use.
Sugar as a cooking ingredient.
Vanilla
not sure if chocolate owuld be permitted or used, but mmm.

Casseroles--meat, pasta, veggie or two. Or else two meats, one veggie, and pasta
Fish included in all of my ideas, by the way.

Veggies made into a medley or salad. Same for fruits. Perhaps mixed in the bowl and sprinkled with sugar or cinnamon in the case of fruits, other spices in the case of veggies.

The ability to mash other things besides pumpkins with the bowls and mashers. This might be where mashed potatoes come in.
Sweet potatoes too. Sweet potatoes as a thing we can grow and harvest and eat.

Will there be beans someday? Is rice even possible with the climate range?
What about tropical fruits, other veggies? Some of this may overlap to seed-planting. I'l suggest things there as well.
dara

Post by dara »

Meat filled pies with pasta filling...sauce made from water and ground wheat into flour...meat pasta gravy pies...mmmmm
Truth is better business
Honor is servicable
Smiles are the success
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Fish on a stick!
Stick or small stave, 1 raw fish.

Corn on a stick!
stick or stave, corn.

Boiled corn!
Corn, salt, pot
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

dara wrote:Meat filled pies with pasta filling...sauce made from water and ground wheat into flour...meat pasta gravy pies...mmmmm

You can make meat pies with veggies already.

Never heard of a meat pie with pasta in it, what are they called?
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I would love, love, love cooking with spits and sticks instead of frying pans. Only simple stuff of course.

Stews and things without having to buy stock from a store. Stews are some of the simplest meals to make, I would like to be able to make one on the fly in the wild without storebought ingredients. I heard once I think that they could be made with plain water, but I couldn't get it to work.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

They don't need stock. I'll check and make sure it's working, but I haven't messed with it and I know it was working at one time.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I can't figure out the syntax to get water into the pot. Fill pot and get water don't work, and I tried dropping it in shallow water too.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

You put in everything but the stock (meat and three veggies) and make sure you're near water (or in a room with a filled barrel) and just cook hearty stew as usual.
dara

Post by dara »

If they implement the aquireing of bone from animals when you skin them you could boil the bone in water to make a stock...all that's needed is a cooking pot not pan
Truth is better business
Honor is servicable
Smiles are the success
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

They aren't really 'foods', but because a few people have posted that they want to be able to spit roast items, I thought I'd post a link to a post I made on one of Skjotur's thread's awhile ago here.

A quick rundown.

Being able to make firepits (required for the following cooking methods)
Stone cooking (cooking on a heated stone; lay meat on hot stone, cook)
Plank cooking (carve a plank from a debarked split log, carve stakes, attach meat to log, cook)
Ash cooking (wrap meat in leaves, cook)
Stick roasting (skewer meat on a stick, cook)
Being able to season after cooking, by grinding together food herbs to make a 'rub'.

It would also be nice to be able to have eggs, and use them both as an ingredient and food source. Boiling them, frying them, scrambling, using them along with milk and flour for various kinds of batters (cake, pancakes, to fry with, etc.).
Orris

Post by Orris »

I would love to be able to cook my fish on a spit! I also thought it would be cool to have to de-scale them first.

Return to “Cooking”