Suggestions

Islet

Suggestions

Post by Islet »

Hello! My name in game is Islet, and I've decided to focus on woodworking (which I lovingly refer to as sculpting, even though that's not really what it is) in game. I really like the system we have, but I had some concerns about the profession that I'd like to know more about, and some suggestions.

Without further ado:
Question: Does woodworking become faster over time: I'm enjoying 10 second RT per action right now, which takes a long time since I don't immediately finish a carving in one go. One trinket can take me a while to finish, and the quality can be crude at times. Would a master be able to carve quicker, and thus have shorter RT? If it doesn't exist, I'd like for this to be a thing in game.

Idea: Carving logs into furniture, statues: Currently I can carve a block in my hand into small trinkets and toys to sell at the market. I would love to be able to carve out big, imposing statues out of logs. With a log in the room, a way to implement would be to CARVE SCULPTURE DRAGON and the log would be carved slowly into a sculpture. Other words like STATUE could apply, too.

Idea: More options when carving: I noticed that blacksmiths had an adjective addition system, though I'm not familiar with it. Could we have something similar for our carvings? I'd love to carve out more details on my dragons, since I never consider the same trinket to be an exact replica of the last. Or carve out magicians performing different actions! Or perhaps masterpiece and exquisite objects could have a short 140 character description (for sculptures) and maybe 20 or so characters for a trinket carved onto it by the creator (like on a pedestal) after successful creation by (CARVE WRITE TEXT) while dragging/holding the sculpture or trinket.

Adding a description to a trinket that might get sold to the market for pennies isn't really that important, but I believe that sculptures would be great for enriching the aesthetics of the game. The greatest sculptures would be highly regarded, and desired in any home!

Other ideas for woodworking: Cups, plates, and bowls! Canteens for holding liquids, more trinkets such as flower trinkets, fish trinkets; wooden shields, wooden plate armor, decorative masks, rings, shoes, wooden spears, sling shots (You'd need an appropriate material for the string, like sinew,)

Market: A lot of woodworking things can't be sold on the market. I think a lot more things would be wanted, out of convenience or luxury. Toys can't be sold, whereas trinkets can. Could selling toys as a commodity be implemented? The families of Arad, I feel, would enjoy purchasing toys to play with. I imagine that good quality hafts and handles would be loved by the market, since then blacksmiths would have to spend less time crafting and could save materials for more blades.
Islet

Re: Suggestions

Post by Islet »

Instead of CARVE COOKING SKEWER, there should be a category called CARVE TOOL. I heard that fishing rods would be implemented at a later date, so that way we could CARVE TOOL SKEWER or CARVE TOOL ROD.
Spoliate

Post by Spoliate »

It sounds to me like you just want the woodcarving system to be fleshed out a little more. I'm a woodcarver myself, and I can understand your desire. I can appreciate your desire for the sculptures, the desire to make something more material then countless trinkets of bisons, though I think furniture creation's all tied up in carpentry.
Islet

Post by Islet »

I, indeed, would love to see this profession fleshed out properly. It doesn't seem to get as much attention as mining, smithing, and more combat oriented professions that exist.

also:
Reorganization of CARVE TRINKET/TOY list. Currently it's alphabetical, which can lead to problems when you're looking for a specific character to fit the situation... Like I wanted to carve out a scene like Lavi as a knight, but I had to spend a few minutes scanning the list looking for it. Could be just me.

Example: CARVE TRINKET

Invalid choice. You can carve the following trinket types:

EDIT: Okay that didn't come out properly, I'll make a chart and post it since the formatting was lost on upload.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I don't really have anything to add, but I do like the ideas you suggested.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Woodworking”