Something was lost...the wood-type adjective

Kent

Something was lost...the wood-type adjective

Post by Kent »

I believe the game lost ground, so to speak, when the wood type adjective was removed from completed carved items.

No longer can we produce an exquisitely-crafted oak flatbow or a masterfully-crafted ebonwood greataxe haft...only an exquisitely-crafted flatbow or a masterfully-crafted greataxe haft. The wood type only appears if you are able to examine it.

A good argument could be made for the contrary...that it is the wood type that would be readily apparent at a casual glance and the extent of the craftsmanship needing closer inspection to determine.

Anyway, I miss being able to see the wood type of the wood items I carve and I hope the GMs will see fit to bring that adjective back as before.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kiyaani

Re: Something was lost...the wood-type adjective

Post by Kiyaani »

I don't know that all wood types would be easily known just from a casual glance, especially since wood is often painted or stained, but I'm fine with either option.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

This is a bug. I'll see if I can figure it out (or make Rithiel figure it out, since this is her code).
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Kiyaani wrote:I don't know that all wood types would be easily known just from a casual glance, especially since wood is often painted or stained, but I'm fine with either option.
Currently players can only paint arrow shafts. But I'm glad you mentioned this, because this ties in with another request I would have, opening up the paintable world to a lot more than just arrow shafts.

I would like to be able to paint just about anything, including hafts for weapons, anything else produced through woodworking and carpentry, and wagons and handcarts and my house. Or at least some of these.

And like arrows, it would make sense that if and when painted, the item would no longer be seen as "an exquisite ebonwood greataxe haft" but as "an exquisite blue greataxe haft", for example.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Woodworking”