Woodworking Requests

Skjotur

Woodworking Requests

Post by Skjotur »

Chopping wood blocks from logs or split logs, then making toys and trinkets out of blocks instead of branches.

Chopping small wood blocks from large branches that can be used for small toys and trinkets.

Coal burning for making wood mugs, bowls, mortars out of large wood blocks. For example see http://survival.outdoorlife.com/blogs/s ... urned-bowl

Saplings to be used for bows, arrows, quarterstaffs.

Carving fishing poles.
Rithiel

Re: Woodworking Requests

Post by Rithiel »

I've planned on changing many of the woodworking items to be made from blocks instead of branches, it just hasn't gotten to the top of my list.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Oh, this is a woodworking ideas thread too.

Idea: Carving small containers from wood. I.e. wooden pots, jars, jugs. Simple containers that have a lid and no hinge.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

could we get some new trinket/toy options. child, witch, prince, princess, king, Queen, sorcerer, scholar, barbarian, man, woman, rabbit, bird, donkey/mule, maybe toy instruments and weapons, maybe the immortals,

oh and on another note, I'd love to be able to make, or buy a cup with a ball in it.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

I'd love to see carve-able javelins, particularly ones that would be usable (albeit to much reduced effect) with just a sharp wooden point instead of having to smelt or knap a head.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

shortbow/bow/longbows.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I added woman, man, child, rabbit, fox, scholar and sorcerer to the trinkets and toys. Start making NEW toys!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Seconding the requests for the immortals and small containers.
Could we also carve leaves, flowers, trees, spiders, books, houses trinkets?
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

More ideas:
Hog, spider, leaf, aengel, moon, star, apple, banana, strawberry, snowflake, house, tower, cabin, cottage, fish, hat, tricorn, rat, shoe, boot, miniature rocking horse, musket, rifle, bird, swan, raven, chicken, yeti, assorted body parts...

I could go on forever. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The figurines of the Immortals are rare treasure finds. I think making them commonly carvable would sort of ruin that.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Rias wrote:The figurines of the Immortals are rare treasure finds. I think making them commonly carvable would sort of ruin that.
I agree with this. Can we have things that are representative of immortals? Spider, hammer, sun, we have wolf, a moon for the night, etc.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

jilliana wrote:
Rias wrote:The figurines of the Immortals are rare treasure finds. I think making them commonly carvable would sort of ruin that.
I agree with this. Can we have things that are representative of immortals? Spider, hammer, sun, we have wolf, a moon for the night, etc.
Or could the tokens you can buy from the beneath the skin shop in Haiban be put on necklaces or bracelets, the way trinkets can? They're fairly expensive, so this would offset the easily carvable bit.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Yeah, don't obsolete my collection!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Cowboy art: At the local rodeo IRL there is an exhibit of cowboy figurines in wood and bronze.

Could we have carve toy/trinket gunslinger as an option too, please?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Idea: Carved javlins
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Second for woodworked + knapped javelins. I would just die of happiness.

Return to “Woodworking”