DIG command changes

Jirato
DEV

DIG command changes

Post by Jirato »

DIG is undergoing a pretty significant code rewrite. If you notice any oddities with it, please post here.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: DIG command changes

Post by Jirato »

The first round of changes is live. Most of this can be seen in the devlog, but...

Separated the code that digs entry shafts in wilderness rooms from the code that reinforces interior mine rooms.

Changed the way mine progress is calculated:
Base progress is 0.1 per DIG attempt, + Bonus, which is 0.1 + (0.1 * Mining Skill / 500) + (0.1 * Number of Mining Abilities) (Maximum of 1.0).
Progress is a scale of 0 to 250.0. Rooms "crumble" (get deleted) after they reach 0.
Progress decays by 0.5 every 6 hours if they have mine supports or 1.0 if they do not have mine supports. Meaning a reinforced, fully dug out mine room will last a tiny bit over 4 months, whereas a non-reinforced mine room will last a little over 2 months. Note this does not count progress loss which occurs during cave-ins or gas leaks.

Rewrote the way in which mine room properties (name, description, and whether or not mounts are allowed) is updated and run the update function any time progress is added or subtracted. Mine rooms now have 10 different stages (Progress divided by 25). Mounts are allowed in stages 6 and above. Soon, other stage-based restrictions may be implemented. (See below)

In the future:
MINE command not being available until stage 5 or above.
System to calculate the "depth" of a mine (how far the room is from the entrance) to determine ore and gem availability and rarity).
With the above, the elimination of mine size requirements for gem rarity, and also removal of mine size penalties for stability/cave-ins.
Supports only being installable at stage 7, needed to progress from stage 7 to 8 or higher..
Exhausting the available ore and gems in a mine room, forcing someone to dig deeper into their mine.
Minecarts.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Mining”