Old Mine in Shadgard

Elystole

Old Mine in Shadgard

Post by Elystole »

Did something change with the material distribution in the Old Mine?

Most of the rooms have no copper in them. It's just a never-ending cascade of low-value gems. I understand that the mines are supposed to be sub-par, but getting no copper seems a bit much and there's still the ever-present threat of the "residents" to mitigate the value of having access to copper. Copper isn't even that valuable.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Old Mine in Shadgard

Post by Lun »

A quick thought, but maybe the mine's being used out? CLOK is supposed to simulate a real world, and it's not like we've been actually expanding that mine. Maybe it's just running out of copper.
maxtech

Post by maxtech »

Earlier this week I prospected every copper vein from every room (which was, in hindsight, kind of mean). Dig through enough quartz and you'll start to see copper again.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

This sounds like a bug, ill take a look when i can next. being that the mine is called "copperlode" either its a bug or we gotta rename the mine =P
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
sona

Post by sona »

Maybe not a bug, based on how I believe the code to work, if someone prospects through each available vein for copper until it rolls to quartz (or one of the few other materials available in the mine), that's just how current mining code would work, unless Shadgard gets some specific code to query the mining rooms in Shadgard for quartz, and if it drops below a certain percent, to force a copper spawn so that copper literally never runs dry. Just my thoughts.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Much like someone foraging only comfrey until other stuff grows in its place and there's no comfrey left, somone can indeed mine all the copper until there's nothing but other stuff left in its place. You'll have to mine out all that quartz and other stuff to get to more copper.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Alright. I'll give that a shot.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."

Return to “Mining”