Mine Guards

Dorn

Mine Guards

Post by Dorn »

Could it be possible to hire these guards, but kind of introduce them to other players which then allows them access to the mine without you being there?

Also here: Other Corvus Miner and Whirling Dervish of Destruction Guard

>guard access Corvus Miner

Guard glances up Corvus Miner up and down, and then nods his head in understanding.

>guard access list

Guard says, "I'm currently not stopping Corvus Miner from wandering around down here."

>guard remove Corvus Miner

Guard says, "I'll make sure he doesn't come down here no more.."
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Lysse

Re: Mine Guards

Post by Lysse »

I don't have a lot of experience with player mines admittedly, but I thought Mine Guards already worked something like this?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Mine guards will likely be going bye-bye eventually. Being paid once to live the rest of your life guarding a mine entrance is pretty brutal! There will be other ways of keeping your mine safe, however, and guards may be re-worked to have a set duration.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:Mine guards will likely be going bye-bye eventually. Being paid once to live the rest of your life guarding a mine entrance is pretty brutal! There will be other ways of keeping your mine safe, however, and guards may be re-worked to have a set duration.
I like the idea to move the Guard off the slavery mode and onto the hireling mode. Perhaps a 5,000 riln signing bonus, then 2000 per week afterwards, automatically deducted from one's bank account, some wage structure like that?
Last edited by Kent on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent

Post by Kent »

And I had a request, could the Mine Guards be provided with a greathelm instead of a burgonet? One shot in the eye from a crazed necromancer, and down went Gad's mine guard.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I think they should have a a randomized set of equipment. Considering they're really just mercenaries. Not all mercenaries dress the same.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

Kent wrote:And I had a request, could the Mine Guards be provided with a greathelm instead of a burgonet? One shot in the eye from a crazed necromancer, and down went Gad's mine guard.

That is exactly why I do not have a mine guard.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Bump, but about New and Improved Player Mines!

I've heard rumors around the Discord channels that there is talk about reimplementing player mine guards, but on a daily rental system rather than a single bulk purchase.

Would greatly appreciate the ability to gate strangers from entering your mines, but allowing renters/friends to come in and use the mine freely, or to aid in clearing out unexpected visitors.

Doubt this is implementable, but if your mine guard could come inside and pull your corpse to the entrance of your mine, that would be cool too.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I like the idea of renting them by the day. Yay for riln sinks!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

It'll be done eventually, not high on the priority list right now.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Mining”