Regional mineral/metal deposits

Makkah

Regional mineral/metal deposits

Post by Makkah »

I think it'd be cool if Player Mines would very in their veins depending WHERE you place it. This could set up a big "rush" type system to go out and get the greatest spots as opposed to spots just close to sell-centers. I know this might throw a wrench in everything considering so many people have spots picked out. Just a thought.

A GM said in the recent past that Player Mines might be seeing an overhaul; so it just got me thinking on the matter. Any word on if any changes are still gonna happen before I drop 35k bones?
Landion

Post by Landion »

Player mines will vary based on region, however, one of the main benefits of a player mine is that they are fresh virgin ground and thus have a much wider variety than a regular NPC mine. I want player mines to have access to almost any mineral that isn't uber rare.

That isn't to say there isn't room for al ot of improvement.

I have serveral ideas for upgrading player mines, such as eventually moving to a 3d grid type system for digging new areas, and having materials more common based on how deep you are, rather than the current how many rooms are in your mine.

It's certainly a work in progress.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I think it'd be neat if there was a wide enough range of minerals from site to site to make it so that PCs have to really put thought into where their mine is going to be. Settling right next to Mistral might net a whole lot of iron, but next to no copper or tin, something along those lines.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

I agree with that. Dwarf Fortress has me mad interested in mining and its potential.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I'm mostly just a bit of a geek, and the rockhound/geology side of me would find it neat to go around and see the various geological differences in the Lost Lands.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I love Dwarf Fortress! It would be awesome to have a bunch of different types of stone too, to craft and carve. Once stonecarving is implemented, of course. I'll have to come up with some ideas for how the system could be set up.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Talking about alloys and stuff over OOC got me thinking about this, I was saying I needed to find a coal mine so I could smelt my iron into steel. I think it's kind of cool that you have to go searching for different minerals, it would be cool if it were set up by region, so like if I wanted iron I would mine around Mistral Lake but if I wanted coal maybe there's a place out in the wilderness where coal can be found, so I would go out there to get it on a little road trip. It's kind of cheesy that you can get a mine that has almost everything in it, why would you ever leave?

Then people with different mines could set up agreements with each other. The guy with an iron mine makes an agreement with the guy with a coal mine, where they both allow each other into the other's mine and boom, they both get steel out of the agreement.

Plus the guy who finds a gold mine can just rent out mining time in his mine and get money for doing nothing other than owning a nice mine. Haha.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Bingo! Love those ideas.

Return to “Mining”