Cut bloodstone?

Skjotur

Cut bloodstone?

Post by Skjotur »

I saw someone had a brilliant cut bloodstone the other day. Should this be possible? I would think bloodstone can only be polished, not faceted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliotrope_%28mineral%29

It may just be that CLOK bloodstone is different than our real-world bloodstone. If that's the case, maybe an alternate name can be used to cut down on confusion.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

From the description (done by Landion, I believe) it looks like bloodstone is indeed different in CLOK:
Deep crimson gemstones can be seen peeking out of this chunk of stone. They refract the light casting a crimson sheen in return. The core of the crimson gemstones seems to fade to nearly pitch black.
I'll see if I can get him to rename it to something like "bloodcrystal".
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

Yeah... that's been something in the back of my mind for a long time now. Actual bloodstone vs. the description I gave it at the time I was implementing a bunch of new types.

I think what I'll do is change bloodstone to be like 'real' bloodstone, and remove its potential to be faceted like a clear gemstone, and update the description.

I'll look at adding a new name for this 'mythical CLOK' gemstone that it currently is. Bloodjewel or bloodcrystal, perhaps, as Rias suggested.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Drayla

Re: Cut bloodstone?

Post by Drayla »

Did this ever get done? I would actually love to see this as a gem, maybe even a few more 'CLOK-ique' gems. I love jewelrycrafting, and I would love to see it expanded as much as possible, if at all possible.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I have some ideas for unique gems, metals, and so forth to add to the mix when the mining overhaul comes around.
The lore compels me!
xavier

Post by xavier »

i think the point of the initial post is missed, bloodstone is not a gem, it's a mineral rock. I suppose it would be possible to chop off pieces at angles to resemble facets it is not an exceptionally easy stone to manipulate in that fashion.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Bloodstone was already changed to be the real-world bloodstone instead of a transluscent gem when this was first brought up. The resuscitated thread was about creating the previous incarnation in a new gem type, called "bloodjewel" or "bloodcrystal" or somesuch.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Mining”