Gems?

Vitello

Gems?

Post by Vitello »

I used to get 2-3 gems on a stike. Lately I've only been getting 1. Is it that the system got tweaked, badluck, or do I just mine the whole vein in one hit for a higher value gem?
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
Landion

Post by Landion »

I don't know how I missed this question...

You should be getting 1-3 or so. It depends on the type, and on luck.

We may look at adjusting this in the future, Rias and I are looking at changing a few things.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Has this been discussed? It was exciting at first to find gems, but when you only get one or two per vein, and the veins are already rare in the first place, and the gems only sell for marginally more than ore, it's kind of a let-down.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Gems are meant to be more rare, and sell for much much more than ore, especially when polished or faceted. The exception is stuff like quartz, that is a cheaper and more common type of gemstone that people tend to use to practice Lapidary more than anything.

Also, the higher your mining skill, the more often you'll be able to mine more rare/difficult type of gems.

Most of the changes I was talking about in this older post were made with the change of what ore or gems running out in a room.
No longer GMing for CLOK.

Return to “Mining”