Mercenaries offer Services

Landion

Mercenaries offer Services

Post by Landion »

The Mercenaries of the Western Coalition announced today that they will be accepting contracts for those who desire a guard for their private mines.

Mercenary Recruiter Warrington announced in the Town Commons, "With workers now able to purchase their own mine claims, the Coalition recognizes the inceased need of security and peace of mind with the dangers of the wilds all around us!

Those who are interested in a contract should seek out one of our mercenary captains outside of the gates of our headquarters.

Our contracts are not cheap, but our men are well trained and will do their very best to keep anyone you do not approve of out of your mine!"

Warrington stomped off shortly after, muttering something about green recruits.

OOC notes:

- Mine owners can now purchase a guard for their mine!
- These guards can be controlled minimally via the MINION verb.
- MINION APPROVE will allow you tell your guard who you want to allow in your mine.
- Guards will remain in the first room of your mine, and prevent anyone not APPROVED from going further into the mine.
- The same mechanics apply to these guards as any other.
- If your guard is killed, the contract is terminated and another will need to be purchased.
- Traders recieve a discount if they visit the mercenary barracks inside the guild.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Lae

Post by Lae »

This is awesome!
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

How many can you have at once?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Landion

Post by Landion »

I'm going to say one right now, only because the minion commands aren't coded to handle more right now and I'm not sure how I'd do that just yet. If you do buy more than one, it will work, but then you'd have no way to let anyone else in right now. I'll work on a solution for this as time goes on.

So, only buy one for now, they don't add to your summons total, so Traders can still have another real mercenary, Sorcerers can still have a shadow familiar, etc.

That said, if you do have another minion following you, have it stay in another room before you try to give commands to your mine guard.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

This is going to be a lot of fun... If they did happen to get killed by someone, would this someone lose rep with the mercenary guild?
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Noctere

Post by Noctere »

I wonder WHO that someone might be.....
It's not easy being evil...
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I mean, mercenaries are payed to take risks right? If a few of them just dropped off the map, I doubt anyone would notice (kinda like old school train hoppin' hobos).
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Do it. I want to see what happens when you piss off an organization that's basically a bunch of well-trained combatants who don't have qualms with killing as long as it's in their best interest.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Landion

Post by Landion »

[quote=Acarin]I mean, mercenaries are payed to take risks right? If a few of them just dropped off the map, I doubt anyone would notice (kinda like old school train hoppin' hobos).[/quote]

Mercenaries don't take kindly to, or put up with anyone messing with them. Just ask Jaren.

Anyone who's found attacking or killing Mercenary guards will simply suffer the natural consequences.

It should be noted, the Western Coalition as an organization are totally neutral on the whole Corvus vs Church conflict. Though individual members may make their own choices on which side they support.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I am surprised no one has mentioned inviting people into your mine without approving them.

The perfect murder.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I don't think the guards will attack someone unless they're attacked first. They'll just prevent uninvited people from actually entering the mine, like the hireswords that prevent people from going into the eastern Shadgard mining tunnels.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Fortunately, guards will be either friendly or neutral with people. So they won't just start attacking.

However, they will still stop anyone other than the owner or someone who is approved from entering further into the mine.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Any chance the PC mercenaries of the Western Coalition can get some tie-in here? That'd be an ultra-sweet task. Get an

EDIT: ...instanced mine to guard against a few waves of baddies.
Last edited by Makkah on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

[quote=Landion]However, they will still stop anyone other than the owner or someone who is approved from entering further into the mine.[/quote]
...Ooooooh. I thought they prevented people from entering the mine by brutally murdering them. My bad.
-> put meat in pan
Aldric

Post by Aldric »

Not that I've even looked into this yet, but just curious... Is there a discount on this for Western Coalition members? It's like "Hey, we're from the same guild, so I'll cut you a small break." or something. :-P

Probably not since the mercenaries are in it for the $$$$, but worth asking. :-)
Landion

Post by Landion »

[quote=Landion]- Traders recieve a discount if they visit the mercenary barracks inside the guild.[/quote]
Gad

Post by Gad »

Can you make it where I set what the merc will say to someone who tries to enter in the mine? Like, "This mine belongs to Gad. Talk to him about working in his mine."
Last edited by Gad on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop holding my character hostage.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Right outside your mine is a red stake that has your name on it. Yours specifically.
-> put meat in pan
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[quote=Reynard]Right outside your mine is a red stake that has your name on it. Yours specifically.[/quote]

I think you missed the point.
Landion

Post by Landion »

I don't think he missed the point. The point is, I don't see the need for the Merc to tell you, when you can use your own eyeballs and look at the stake driven into the ground outside.
Gad

Post by Gad »

I understand the stake. I am talking about the merc for a little more interaction or to be able to have him say something sarcastic for trying to enter the mine. Just asking.
Stop holding my character hostage.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[quote=Landion]I don't think he missed the point. The point is, I don't see the need for the Merc to tell you, when you can use your own eyeballs and look at the stake driven into the ground outside.[/quote]

Haha... I think you missed the point too. Interaction and customization can only be good for the game, I'd think.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Exposing someone to high doses of radiation can be good for them, too. (No, really. They do that to kill cancer.)
-> put meat in pan
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I could see a list of things you could choose from, maybe, but not allowing players to manually set it however they want. You know there's going to be some goof having his guard say things like, "TRADERZ RULE LOL" or "Gad is a schmuck!" or whatever.
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

And... due to a recent rash of thievery, mine guards are now only slightly smarter than they once were.

Mine guards will now watch for anyone trying to pick items up in their area and will prevent it. Aggressively.

You've been warned.

Return to “Mining”