Branches without felling

Skjotur

Branches without felling

Post by Skjotur »

Suggestion, expected to be low priority: With enough climbing skill, you could climb a tree and chop some branches from it, without having to fell the tree. Risks could be falling out of the tree, disturbing a bee's nest, angry birds pecking your head, and so on.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

I think that's a wonderful idea! But unfortunately, it's not my decision to make that happen...but i would if i could.
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Ayra

Post by Ayra »

I agree, that sounds great, it would be nice to get a little climbing experience when climbing the tree as well.

Could possibly lead to tree houses/secret stashes up trees etc but these are just ideas, no idea of the coding implications.

Maybe if we are climbing trees we could forge some toe spikes, from metal to be worn either as shoes or over shoes that increase chance of successfully climbing a tree but get damaged if you wear them to walk around in (especially on rocky surfaces).
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

So... Combat usage. Jumping down on others from trees. Climbing a tree to flee. Felling a tree with someone on it to crush them. Hurling down a bees nest at people...
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

All those would be useful lol
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Love it. I'll work on it, although thinking about it now, coding could be a headache. But if it's at all implementable, consider it todoed.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Landion

Post by Landion »

Perhaps we could make branches foragable in areas with that tree type. I think that would belogical, and help our nature-y folks who aren't using the logs as an income source.

(Not to mention saving a lot of trouble trying to code something totally new.)
Last edited by Landion on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer GMing for CLOK.

Return to “Logging”