Heave/Transfer/Logging

Alicia

Heave/Transfer/Logging

Post by Alicia »

Now that I guess transfer/heave was some sort of bug thing that has recently gotten fixed, turning logs into cants has gotten all weird and buggy and takes about twice the amount of work and dicking around to get the same job done.

Now that you can't transfer logs, you've got to take one out, split it, put the "large" log that is one log less into the carriage, and even though it is called "a large (wood) log" when you 'push log' it calls the item 'a rough split (wood) log' but you can't put any of the other 'rough split (wood) log' into the carriage and push them through because those are too small. Plus you're creating a bunch of 'rough split (wood) logs' that you're not going to use anyways and don't sell in the market, so it is wasted time and effort just to be able to put a log in the damn carriage.

I suggest just letting transfer work as it was, or figuring out some way to 'heave log from wagon to carriage' or something because I dislike how much a pain in the ass logging has become all of the sudden.
Sneaky

Re: Heave/Transfer/Logging

Post by Sneaky »

Just to point out, the transfer bug was known and so there for it isn't all of a sudden, it's always been a pain, there were just bugs that allowed it to be easier. I don't know if this is what the GM's intended, that is to make logging a two person venture, or if it's just an oversight. If it is the latter than I'd suggest making wagons with ramps, so they can be rolled into the wagon. There's always the possibility of having a simple pulley system as well to help hoist the logs into the wagon.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Getting them into the wagon isn't the problem, getting them from wagon to carriage is the problem.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Hmm, it's still unclear to me. So you can get the log into the wagon fine, but you can't get the log into the carriage? Is it because the log is too big, or because you can't lift it out of the wagon, or because the carriage can't be transferred into? Could you supply a little more detail on this? Maybe it makes sense to other people, but I'm just having a hard time following is all.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Breathe! We're aware of the issue and working on it.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Rias wrote:Breathe! We're aware of the issue and working on it.
*holds breath*
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

All right, here's how I've got it set up: If the heave target is a log and you're in a sawmill with a carriage, you'll heave the log onto the carriage. You can't currently heave it back off, so go ahead and process the darned thing once it's up there instead of changing your mind.

I'm confident someone will find a bug related to this update - please post here when you do.
The lore compels me!
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

It all seems good now, except that it appears you can put double the amount of cants in a carriage than you could before. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

Correction: There is now no longer any limit to the amount of cants you can put in a carriage. I just put 24 cants in at once: which only produced 12 flitches and ate the rest of the cants.
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Heave has quit targetting the Shadgard sawmill carriage first if it is a pine log

Correction: It quits heaving into the carriage first if you are the owner of the wagon that is also in the room. Still only pine logs.

Edit: starting to break down with other logs as well now, hickory was the most recent to quit working.

Return to “Logging”