Request survey show signs of recent logging

Skjotur

Request survey show signs of recent logging

Post by Skjotur »

Would it be possible to have SURVEY updated to show if logging has been done recently in an area? Something like:

An occasional stump betrays signs of logging in the area.
Multiple stumps stand as evidence that some logging has been done here.
A large scattering of stumps tells you that loggers appear to frequent this area.
There seems almost to be more stumps than standing trees here, testament to the efforts of loggers.
Last edited by Skjotur on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Already to-doed.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
faylen

Re: Request survey show signs of recent logging

Post by faylen »

I posted something about this in druidry, but this is really a better place for it. Just wondering if this is still in the plans? There's some rather awkward rp going on right now because the Udemi are trying to protect the trees, but people are logging areas without knowing if they're already heavily logged or not. Leads to a lot of weirdness. I'd also like to have survey show the condition of the trees overall, a few, a lot, lots of small ones but not many big ones, something like that. Just some thoughts to make things more smooth and realistic. Thanks!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

The to-do list is rather long, but everything that we pick up from the boards is on it and we will get to it when we get some spare time. Some things are a higher priority than others.
faylen

Post by faylen »

I understand. I just wanted to check the status since this thread was kind of old and rp is getting tense. We even had a pk over it, when the person pked didn't know and yet the rp was such that it wouldn't make sense for others to ignore it... Awkward as heck! lol. and my character's like, well... This area seems to be in trouble, and this one, but I can't really tell you more specifically because I don't know... Heh.
clayton

Re:

Post by clayton »

This feature would benefit everyone immensely, especially since no one currently has any way of knowing what area, or even, what room, a lot of logging has occurred in. Since the Udemi and others feel the stress whenever logging is done too heavily in an area, additional logging in that area will make a tense situation very quickly.
I hope this feature gets put into place very soon. I would hate for a newbie to join, start to log, only to accidentally tick off the wrong guild and be hunted for no other reason, but that they cut one tree too many in an area. That person wouldn't have had any knowledge that it would cause stress, yet they'd get slain for it.

Rithiel wrote:Already to-doed.
Karasi

Post by Karasi »

I would humbly ask that this be brought higher up in the to-do list, on account of what's been going on lately.
It doesn't make sense for people to look at the forest, see one thing in the description, and find out by logging there that that particular spot is really being too heavily logged.
Also, I would like to ask that those with a connection to the land be able to use their druidry to help replenish a hurt land when it needs some help.

I know you guys are busy, and I understand other things take precedence. i'm just concerned with the urgency of things happening IC, and for any other future potential conflict.

Return to “Logging”