Firewood

Skjotur

Firewood

Post by Skjotur »

Would it be possible to add branches to campfires, as well as chopping logs into smaller pieces for extending campfire burning?
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

That would be really nice. Especially since it's really a pain in the butt to actually get a campfire going for an extended period.

Maybe have the firestarting skill including being able to "build" campfires out of split logs.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

And just why could you not throw on a whole log? Or three whole logs onto a fire and every now and then PUSH LOGS further into the fire? Viking/Celtic style campfire.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

[quote=Isiaa]And just why could you not throw on a whole log? Or three whole logs onto a fire and every now and then PUSH LOGS further into the fire? Viking/Celtic style campfire.[/quote]

Well, I've always assumed that the logs in CLOK aren't the short, stumpy 3-4 foot long deals most peopl see. But rather, because they are cut into flitches, they're probably closer to 8 and 10 feet in length.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Yes. Vikings/Celts used big logs and shoved them in when they needed more fuel for the flames.

Return to “Logging”