Carving!

Lae

Carving!

Post by Lae »

Okay so being new to carving I didn't really get why you could carve a staff out of a medium branch. I didn't even think to try a smaller branch than that, but eventually will be be able to carve smaller staves, like a quarter staff, from a medium branch? I think right now you can only carve rudis from them. Will mediums be used for things like fishing poles, or maybe wands that can be imbued via elemancy?

I won't use the excuse for being new to mask the medium branch issue, I should have asked. I ask everything else. >.>

Moving on..

Will decorative carving be added eventually? spiral-carved, vine-carved, leaf-carved...maybe being able to top staves with lapidary gems or with metallic caps? (for staves and bows..ectect)

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a girl okay. This stuff is the stuff we ask okay?
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rasui

Post by Rasui »

Very neat ideas.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

We're supposed to eventually be able to etch our arrows to personalize them. Using gems to make jewlery is also planned, and I imagine that gem-setting (purely aethetic) would be some time after that.

And just so you know, I would have asked before you if I didn't already know the answers. =P
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Reynard]We're supposed to eventually be able to etch our arrows to personalize them. Using gems to make jewlery is also planned, and I imagine that gem-setting (purely aethetic) would be some time after that.

And just so you know, I would have asked before you if I didn't already know the answers. =P[/quote]

Funnily enough I remembered examining a staff one day and wondering how huge came out of medium and then I went back to cooking dinner and never remembered to bug it.
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Yeah, large makes more sense for Stave to Staff, too. And it being two-handed.
I'm also suprised that hafts are made from small instead of medium, due to the needed thickness.
-> put meat in pan
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

There was a bug recently fixed (should be in the changes/bugfixes thread) that was causing woodcrafted items to carveable from pieces of wood smaller than the end product. Is this still happening?
The lore compels me!
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Not as far as I know. I've tried carving a staff from a large stave before, and it told me that the stave was too big. Same with hafts and medium staves.
-> put meat in pan
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Rias]There was a bug recently fixed (should be in the changes/bugfixes thread) that was causing woodcrafted items to carveable from pieces of wood smaller than the end product. Is this still happening?[/quote]

Nope, I just didn't realize it was a bug until I had seen the bug fix. Else I would have reported it.

Return to “Logging”