Ways of opening boxes

Methiur

Ways of opening boxes

Post by Methiur »

Are there alternate ways of opening boxes? I haven't tried outside of the first but that was unsuccessful. I could be doing it wrong though:

Smashing wooden boxes with a hammer
Melting metal boxes
Eating through with acid
etc...

Right now I just get so many of them that I am taking them to the NPC despite it being such a poor rate. It's not often I see a PC online offering their services and when they do they are only about to get about a third of them and that takes quite a long time to boot.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Ways of opening boxes

Post by Rias »

Going to the NPC is the alternative. Besides, if we make it so anyone with a hammer can bash open their boxes, those Thieves are going to spend a lot less time locksmithing, and a lot more time stealing the stuff you got by using alternative means to their services!
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I think the problem is...what thieves?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Good thing we have those NPCs as an alternative!
The lore compels me!
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

/nod

I'd like any lock pickers to get a shot for sure. There would need to be a severe downside to opening them that way anyway such as smashing would break or damage anything in them thus lowering quality of goods, melting would of course destroy any riln and metal but might keep gems, and acid, well, that's dangerous.

Maybe just an easier way to deal with them would help at the NPC. i.e. holding the containing and asking about unlock would do them all.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Rias wrote:Good thing we have those NPCs as an alternative!
There are Thieves and then there are thieves. And those NPCs are thieves!

This is why I keep my boxes in a box to be dragged out every so often.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."

Return to “Locksmithing”