new jewelry

Tamsin

new jewelry

Post by Tamsin »

Hello. I've been bugging Ardor lately about jewelry, and he tells me that there's no such thing as crafted tiaras. I'd love to see that possible in the game, maybe a variety of jewelry headgear, circlets, thin chains, tiaras.... thin decorative chains with dangling gems to drape over your hair, and so on.
Bryce

Re: new jewelry

Post by Bryce »

Wonder how a character would be viewed walking around with a tiara or, in the case of males, a crown. Would they assume you're royalty, or sneer at you for being a pretender? Would the actual nobles and people in power be offended or jealous or see it as an illegal attempt to appear as a noble? It would just be weird to see those kinds of things worn by any Joe and Mary who can pester a blacksmith to make one for them.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

I think tiaras would make a bit more sense to be worn, as they can be a simple fashion statement for women, but crowns on the other hand have a very distinct symbol of royalty, usually of the highest order and no other. I'm sure one could be made by any half decent blacksmith, but I agree with bryce that there could be very severe consequences for wearing it, or possibly even making it.

That said, the thin chains and the like would be very viable.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

What nobles? We peasant tier.

Return to “Lapidary”