Barrels carry water

Rias
Lore Hermit

Barrels carry water

Post by Rias »

The copper-banded barrels at Relena's General Store have been upgraded to now work as fillable waterfillers. What this means is that you may purchase a barrel, fill it up with water, then haul it to a farming spot and drop the barrel to be used as an exhaustible water supply.

So rather than running off to a remote water supply for every single filling of a water bucket, you can just haul a few barrels (via handcart/wagon, of course) to a water supply, fill them all up, then haul them to your farming area and drop them for use in filling your watering bucket. It ultimately takes more filling actions since you have to initially fill the barrels in addition to the normal watering bucket fills, but saves you the trouble of running back and forth constantly. Useful for wilderness farming.

Note that this only applies to new barrels (barrels purchased previous to this update won't work), and the barrels themselves cannot be used to water soil.

(Thanks to Alexander for the suggestion.)
The lore compels me!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

This makes wilderness farming much more convenient. Thank you.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

And when can we at great expense of time and indeed money dig a well?
Landion

Post by Landion »

I doubt very much that there will ever be mechanics which allow players to dig their own wells. Otherwise we'd have them all over the wilderness randomly.

A different solution would be for the player to follow the advice Rias posted about their players getting involved and roleplaying. viewtopic.php?id=446
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would have to agree with Landion on this point. While it appears wilderness farming plots will grow over and disappear over time, the wells would likely remain indefinitely, and it would be odd to have a wilderness full of wells.
Last edited by Alexander on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Wells fill up. The walls collapse. But yeah I get your points.
Aldric

Post by Aldric »

Any chance to make these barrels remain in the room when dropped like handcarts and trees and stuff? Lost one earlier because I figured it'd stay there while I was doing other stuff and waiting for my plants to grow.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Fair enough request. Filled (to any degree, doesn't have to be completely full) barrels will persist. Empty barrels will still disappear, however.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Great, now there will be random barrels strewn across the world. Lol!
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"

Return to “Farming”