Weeds

Kiyaani

Weeds

Post by Kiyaani »

Currently there are only 'moderate' and 'severe' weed categories, which can make it difficult to determine just how much more weeding you have to do to clear a field. But there seems to be enough variance in messaging to allow for normal progression of severity (green to dark red). Allowing this color progression would give the player a better indication visually of just how much time and effort they might need to put into a field.

I'm thinking that it's coded this way to show you if the weeds will actually hinder growth progress, but it can be slightly discouraging to see. If there are any changes in the works for farming, it might be nice if the messaging and coloring matched what's in place for other systems in-game (armor damage, weapon damage, wounds). In addition it would be cool if the different messaging would line up with how hindered crop progress might be so it wasn't so black and white.

For example - this is how it is now:

Moderate:
(a few thin weeds)
(some thin weeds)

Severe:
(completely overgrown with weeds)
(nearly overgrown with weeds)
(several weeds)

This is how it could be:

a few thin weeds - green
some thin weeds - yellow
several weeds - dark yellow
nearly overgrown with weeds - red
completely overgrown with weeds - dark red

Green and yellow would not hinder growth. Dark yellow would somewhat hinder growth. Red would moderately hinder growth. Dark red would not allow growth to continue.

Just a thought. Thanks for all your hard work!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Weeds

Post by Rias »

I'm not understanding what you mean by "moderate" and "severe" weed categories. Where are you seeing these, rather than the "few/some/several/nearly overgrown/completely overgrown"? Or am I misunderstsanding the post completely?
The lore compels me!
Drayla

Re: Weeds

Post by Drayla »

I think she is refering to the color of the words. Presently we have green for a few and some thin weeds, and red for everything else.

Return to “Farming”