Changes

Rithiel

Changes

Post by Rithiel »

Fletching has changed. In particular, as you can now KNAP broadheads, steps have been changed to allow fletchers to attach these arrowheads. If you want to make an arrow without an arrowhead, you may SHARPEN it after you have attached fletchings, but know this will decrease the damage of the arrow.

Previously made arrows will work as they have before.

The new steps are outlined on the wiki if you need something for reference.

In addition, you no longer have to be holding the tools required to fletch. As long as they are in an open bag you are wearing, you will get them and put them back. The exception is a bow when you measure - this you must be wearing (or holding in your hand as before).

I also fixed a few bugs that had to do with carving in general as well as attaching fletchings.

As always, please bug anything that seems broken.
Last edited by Rithiel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Woo! Can't wait to try this out. I've been looking forward to this for a while now.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Forgot to mention - as of now, the quality of the arrowhead will not affect the arrow in any way. This will change shortly, as quality of arrows will be overhauled (right now all that matters is carving the arrow shaft).
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Perfect!
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Do the quality of the shaft and the quality of the arrowhead factor into the overall arrow quality somehow in the end?
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I believe thus far it's just the quality of the shaft that affects arrow quality. That will change, eventually (maybe this week if I get around to it).

Return to “Bowyering/Fletching”