Legendary items

Nobody

Legendary items

Post by Nobody »

* After some internal discussion we decided to be transparent with one small item concerning legendary items. Let it be known that metal used from previously smelted items(weapons/armor/etc) will have 0 chance towards crafting a legendary item. Only new bars smelted straight from ore or purchased from a store will work.
I'm curious how that lines up with the following scenarios:
  • You smelt 3 ore and get 3 standard bars, you smelt those to get a 12-pound bar. Can it make a legendary item?
  • You smelt a steel bar from ore-smelted bars and minerals. Can it make a legendary?
  • You make a riversteel bar from ore-smelted bars. Can it make a legendary?
Eagalon

Re: Legendary items

Post by Eagalon »

indeed, those are fair points, I would also like to know the answer to those. moreover, I would like to request an addition to the exam command so that a smith having more than exceptional skill at general forging could tell the quality of the metal bar.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

All three of the listed scenarios do not involve smelting down items for metal. So yes in all three. However if you were to smelt down a great axe then take that and smelt it together with an ore smelted bar, then no. The impurity carries over.
It's not easy being evil...
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Noctere wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:40 am All three of the listed scenarios do not involve smelting down items for metal. So yes in all three. However if you were to smelt down a great axe then take that and smelt it together with an ore smelted bar, then no. The impurity carries over.
Excitement! Palpable excitement! What a glorious change.

Return to “Blacksmithing”