Fancy new metals

Jirato
DEV

Fancy new metals

Post by Jirato »

After a recent internal discussion, we decided to add some more fantasy-ish metals with magical properties to help broaden the choices from riversteel bloodglass, celestium, and nethrium.

Both new metals have a bonus, and a slight penalty...

Some players have already discovered and begun to use Orichalcum. You will notice that armor made out of Orichalcum will be significantly easier to channel in. As a slight drawback, you may be hit slightly harder in it than if you were wearing regular metal. However, this damage penalty can be negated, and even reversed into a damage mitigation bonus, through the quality bonus of the armor. At present there's no real benefit to held Orichalcum items (weapons or shields), though I have a couple ideas on my to-do list.

The other metal doesn't appear to have been discovered yet, though I will say that while Orichalcum is focused on armor, this secondary metal provides a more rounded bonus to both weapons and armor. Additional properties akin to iron, its alloys, Celestium, and its alloys, may tilt the bonus more towards weapons or shields. Armor will still benefit from its bonus as well though.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Delve

Re: Fancy new metals

Post by Delve »

That's awesome!

Are these metals discovered through mining or by making alloys through smelting?
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hi,
Could I beg for any lore blurbs regarding the metals, pretty please with flapjacks on top?
Presumably orichalcum is really super popular in Nuum? ;)
The ore pieces have a description, but the smelted metal does not--can I ask for visuals, or information regarding its appearance?
Either way, thank you for this, as well as all the wonderful work that has been appearing on the change logs recently.
Long live Clok! <3
-Alila
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Where did you get that Nuum thing? This was an entirely new metal unmentioned in any of the lore AFAIK....
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alila

Post by Alila »

Sorry, there was a question mark there--it was a guess, because Nuum is known for its channelers? I was not trying to fabricate facts, it was only speculating.
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Ah.

I'm not too good with creating lore. I'll definitely try to come up with something though. Kind of disinclined to attribute it to Nuum though just because everyone is so into Nuumish stuff. Need to show the other cultures some love too!
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

I have some lore ideas in mind. Jirato and I can get together later and hash out the details once both materials have been discovered.
It's not easy being evil...
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

It's not easy being evil...
Alila

Post by Alila »

<3
Thank you!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Are you accepting suggestions for weapon effects of orichalcum?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I already know what I want to do, it's just going to take me awhile to implement. Not a ginormous priority at the moment.
Delve

Post by Delve »

Big daddy Delve dug deep in the depths and discovered in the dark a deposit of a new fancy metal!

Return to “Blacksmithing”