Artisan Blacksmith

Lun
CLOK Patron

Artisan Blacksmith

Post by Lun »

Blacksmithing: Apprentice, BlackSmithing: Journeyman, and Blacksmithing: Master have been consolidated into a single "Artisan Blacksmith" ability. Having this one ability will grant all the bonuses that the three previous abilities did.

Ever since Artisan Blacksmithing was consolidated together, we haven't been able to know OOCly exactly what skill levels are required to unlock each tier of blacksmithing.

What is the benefit of each tier of Artisan Blacksmithing and when do we get them? It isn't clearly obvious or visible, in my opinion. I know it's doing something but I'd like to know what!

Thanks!
Math321

Re: Artisan Blacksmith

Post by Math321 »

If this could be answered by one of the GMs, that'd be great. I'd love to have a good sense of how one of my primary abilities actually works. :D
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

With artisan blacksmithing, New recipes are added at 50, 100, and 300 skill of either bladed weapon or blunt weapon forging skills. There is also an armor recipe added at 300 armor forging skill.

With artisan blacksmithing, strength (how quickly an item loses durability) loss on repair is lessened on armor repair at 50, 100, and 500 armor forging skill. Quality loss on repair is lessened at 50 and 100 armor forging skill and eliminated at 500 armor forging skill.

With artisan blacksmithing (regardless of skill), there's a 4x multiplier to the amount of durability increased with each repair attempt (I'll probably gate this for an incremental 2x, 3x, 4x increase based off of skill, looks like it was overlooked).

Overall, the skill levels feel kinda low with the new skill acceleration, morale system, and population based skillgain bonuses. 300 blacksmithing shouldn't really be that much effort. I might increase these to 250, 500, and 750 respectively, but I'll take some time to think about it and test/observe the forging system. It's due for an overhaul anyway.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Math321

Post by Math321 »

I'd be happy to test, if you need a tester that isn't a GM for some inscrutable reason. Thank you very much for the info on the system as it currently stands, though! That is quite interesting indeed.
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.

Return to “Blacksmithing”