New Metal: Riversteel

Jirato
DEV

New Metal: Riversteel

Post by Jirato »

Riversteel has properties of steel but at higher durability and strength. It is created through a trade secret crafting technique only available to certain master artisans in the Western Coalition. Riversteel items can be identified by a unique pattern of delicate ripples on the surface of the metal.

Due to the unique method of creating riversteel, it is strongly advised to avoid running riversteel through a furnace.

Enjoy!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alexander

Re: New Metal: Riversteel

Post by Alexander »

I've just received an item made of riversteel, and I like the description it gives. If there's any history or lore details on the metal, I'd love to hear it.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Apparently it's Clok's version of damascus steel. I would be interested to hear if there's actually any lore based around it within the world, however.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I noted the similarity in appearance to damascus steel, which has always held my interest.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Oops. I didn't read this information and didn't realize that the riversteel can't be merged into a larger bar.

Is there any chance of being able to craft larger objects out of riversteel? The shop only provides standard sized bars, and an attempt to smelt two bars together destroyed the riversteel. I know little is known about damascus steel, but based on the modern techniques used to forge damascus, a larger bar can be produced by using more base material in folding.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

While riversteel may share some properties of damascus steel, it is not the same.

Larger riversteel bars will be craftable using limited resources once the metallurgy skill is implemented and the forging system gets overhauled. For the time being, you're limited to what's available in the import shop.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Blacksmithing”