Forging and Encumbrance

Dorn

Forging and Encumbrance

Post by Dorn »

Any chance Forging Hammer/Tongs can have their weight looked at?

If encumbrance effects chances at forging, it is near enough impossible to get to "You feel light and unburdened." so you're always suffering a penalty.

I stopped short of stripping Dorn totally butt naked,

You are holding a tarnished bronze blacksmith's hammer in your right hand and some long bronze forging tongs in your left hand.
You are wearing a small clear crystal pendant, a thick bear fur cloak and a burnished black leather belt.
EAvd>
encumbrance
You're not carrying much at all, and can move about without really feeling much impact from the weight.

And still no luck.

Unsurprising when you have to hold at least 15 pounds of forging tools though! 5 for the tongs, 8 for the hammer (When bought from Corvus at least)
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jaster

Re: Forging and Encumbrance

Post by Jaster »

8 pounds is uber big for a single hand forging hammer. Most smiths use between 2.5 to 4 pounds, based mostly on personal preference.

My crosspein is 2.5 lbs. :)
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

I recently did the work on the blacksmithing encumbrance numbers and, as of now, I have it finely tuned so that one could still wear 'some' armor with little or no penalty to their ability to work around the forge. All in all it is much more forgiving than the old system (which was determined by armor level). You no longer need to work around the forge naked if you seek blacksmithing perfection.

As far as the blacksmithing tools in Corvus goes, I have changed their weight and weapon type to be more like the others in the game. The hammer used to be 8 pounds, you may now buy a hammer in Corvus which is 3 pounds. On the flip side, the hammer is no longer as useful in battle. So if you want to use one hammer and slay your enemies, you may want to keep your old hammer.
It's not easy being evil...
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Thanks for taking a look. One issue though, the hammer in store is now slightly damaged when purchased. (scuffed)
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

I guess the lanky blacksmith was so excited about the new shipment that he had to give it a few swings. Between you and me, I think the lanky blacksmith is one taco short of a combination plate.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Blacksmithing”