Merging together the forging of arrowheads and other heads

Kent

Merging together the forging of arrowheads and other heads

Post by Kent »

Well, currently, we have arrowheads and the heads of pole arms and hafted weapons separated into two distinct skills.

Then I got to thinking, the entire spectrum of sword blades (eg flamberge, rapier, etc), daggers, and stilettos fall under the one umbrella of forging: bladed weapons.

So my suggestion is to take a fresh look at the relative similarity of the head of an arrow, of a spear, and of a pike, contrasting with the wide diversity of all the blades which can be forged under the one category of forging: bladed weapons, and in light of this fresh look, to regard arrowheads as so similar to other heads that they should be reckoned under one single category.

I would add a second distinct suggestion (with the goal of reducing confusion for newcomers especially) that what is currently named forging: blunted weapons be changed to something more correctly descriptive of what that skill is...while mace and hammer heads are indeed blunt, the majority, like axe heads, all the polearm heads, etc are far from blunt. A new name for this skill could be forging: weapon heads.

In the event that both of these suggestions were approved, each character could be assigned the new skill slot, forging: weapon heads, and it's value would be assigned the greater of the player's current forging skill for blunt or arrowheads, then both blunt and arrowheads would be deleted off his or her skill list.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Merging together the forging of arrowheads and other hea

Post by Rias »

I'd prefer something like this, I think:

Forging: Blades (swords/daggers)
Forging: Edged Heads
Forging: Blunt Heads

And splitting the armor forging a bit:

Forging: Scale
Forging: Chain
Forging: Plate

With Forging: General going toward all of them a bit, of course.
The lore compels me!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Rias wrote:I'd prefer something like this, I think:

I like that idea.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:I'd prefer something like this, I think:

Yes, that makes sense too...except while forging Chain mail is quite distinct, wouldn't Scale and Plate be so similar as to be under one category?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Blacksmithing”