Commodity Prices

Elystole

Commodity Prices

Post by Elystole »

I haven't done a lot of testing so far, but I think that the prices for commodities needs to be looked at. I started with nails.
After asking around a bit, you discover that the best price your average copper nail will fetch is 15 riln.
After asking around a bit, you discover that the best price your exquisite copper nail will fetch is 16 riln.
That's not bad at all. It might even be too nice: At five nails per tiny copper bar, I'm looking at 60 to 80 riln per bar. And with tiny copper bars selling for 1 riln each that's a pretty high return on my investment.

So then I made some hoops for someone. It takes a small bar to make a single hoop, so I was expecting them to sell for more since I could make ten nails out of the same amount of metal.
After asking around a bit, you discover that the best price your average copper hoop will fetch is 5 riln.
After asking around a bit, you discover that the best price your masterfully-crafted copper hoop will fetch is 5 riln.
Well... That's not what I expected. I'll have to try making the other commodities when I get some more copper.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Commodity Prices

Post by Rias »

A lot of the commodity prices are pretty awful. I think Rithiel was looking over commodities overall, but she's been on hiatus a while so I might have to take that over, apply my lack of talent in math/economics, and thus convince Rithiel to come out of hiatus just so she can fix what I ruin. Heh heh.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Blacksmithing”