Skill level(s) for successful forging?

You

Skill level(s) for successful forging?

Post by You »

Around what skill level do you start seeing successful forging attempts other than just twisted lumps of metal? While we're on the subject, does anyone know roughly what level of skill is required to start getting or regularly get the various quality modifiers to your forging attempts, like misshapen, average, exquisite, etc?

Also, I'm assuming yes, but is this an appropriate sort of question? I get the impression we don't want to discuss mechanics too much.
Nootau

Re: Skill level(s) for successful forging?

Post by Nootau »

Depends on what you are trying to forge.
xavier

Post by xavier »

one of my charactars is right about 100 in forging general and he still gets lumps when trying to forge nails on ocasion. So what i'm trying to say is there probably is no skill level where it will come out an actual object 100% of the time.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

I know you are going to get lumps no matter what you try to forge until your general skill gets to about 50, give or take a few points. At that point, you can start making at least misshapen nails, perhaps other commodities as well. Other things, like armor, blades, arrowheads, etc. are dependant on both your general skill level and your skill level in that area of forging, so it is a lot harder to say when you might start seeing results with them. As for quality, I've gotten a character somewhere between 100 and 150 in forging: general, can't remember the exact number right now, but I end up with normal nails half the time, misshapen the other half, and occasionally I'll end up with a lump. It's really hard to track when you'll start seeing certain results, and honestly, because of the mechanics behind it, I wouldn't suggest doing it. Some people might get horrible luck and not see an actual result until they see 100 in their general skill. Besides, not knowing when to expect it just makes it that much more exciting when you finally do get the result you want.

Return to “Blacksmithing”