Masterfully Crafted

Dorn

Masterfully Crafted

Post by Dorn »

So, just how rare are they supposed to be? I mean, I know rare rare rare.. but I'm getting to a point where I'm wondering if it is bugged right now..

I've been trying to make a mastercrafted longsword blade. I've been attempting to do this from around roughly 500 Forging: Blade skill and about 750ish Forging: General skill.

At this point, I have made over 300 attempts (Might be plus or minus about ten attempts) and my skill has improved up to 700 Forging: Bladed and nearly 1000ish Forging: General.

Am I just that unlucky? Or is it even a case of my skill being too low? Or is something screwy?
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Blitz

Re: Masterfully Crafted

Post by Blitz »

I've no experience with forging, but it feels like with the crafts I've tried, the item quality you end up with is based on a roll whose cap is determined by your skill level. On top of that, there's a 5% chance you end up with an item 1 quality higher than what you would end up with based on the roll.

This is based mostly on gut feeling and eyeballing some numbers -- not on statistical analysis or thorough experimentation.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

They're rare rare rare rare. If it was completely skill-based, there would be a point where someone could just pump them out since there's no skill cap, which we don't want.

Mastercrafted items are meant to be more of a pleasant surprise, not an expectation.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

When weapon and armor breakage is implemented, I would suggest increasing the chances of making masterful items as they really won't stick around too long... at least at that particular quality. Your call though.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I'm pretty happy with those particular mechanics. Masterful isn't something that should be the norm, which some crafters don't seem to accept, but it's their time and materials.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I think we all know it's not the norm. But we also know it's the highest achievable quality. That's why we aim for it. Not because we think it should be standard issue.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

You clearly haven't met some of the Traders.

Return to “Blacksmithing”