Customization Options

Landion

Customization Options

Post by Landion »

I've hacked in some really really basic customization options for armor and weapons that are forged.

This works just like leatherworking right now. You put your forged item onto the anvil, take out your hammer and tongs and FORGE <target> <category> <Change>

So, to change my sabre to sleek: FORGE SABRE QUALITY SLEEK

I will be adding more to this as we go along, but please please please, if you have suggestions for customization options, post them here and I can have them added if approved.

After you change the look of a weapon, you can still examine it to see it's forge quality.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Landion

Post by Landion »

In addition, here are the categories I need suggestions for:

Quality: (fine, sleek, polished, etc.)

Texture: Armor: (sculpted, fluted, etc.)

Adornment: (studded with, engraved with, etc.)

Likewise, the adornment section could work for leatherworking as well.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Ragn

Post by Ragn »

A good place to start with these would be using some of the examples from the Coalition Shops at their Headquarters. Unless they've been implemented already, and only Traders have access to that sort of customization.
Drayla

Re: Customization Options

Post by Drayla »

Can you really customize armore and weapons with adornments and textures? Not just quality? Holy crap, if that is the case, this is exactly what I have been wanting, though I am sure it is likely still very rough and not nearly complete. If the QUALITY is the only functional thing, the others need to implemented, and I know that if ADORNMENT is functional with armor but not weapons, it needs to be made available for weapons as well. Items bought from stores having better options and sounding like they look so much better than player made items has been my biggest pet peeve on the game, especially since most of my characters are at least moderately to very flashy people, so they like to have things that are expensive and look really nice. I have had times where I would rather have a store-bought item with a great descriptive name rather than a player-made item that gives boosts and promotes RP to get that sounds fairly plain comparatively.Off to check this out now, and cross my fingers that this will be worked on soon if it isn't quite there yet.

Return to “Blacksmithing”