Suggestion/Question

Myke

Suggestion/Question

Post by Myke »

I'm not sure if it's an option (Hi, new here) but I've noticed (having chosen a Grummer) that there isn't much in the way of actual steampunk to be had in the game itself.

It'd be interesting if the option existed in blacksmith to go a more steam-punk route with it and forge firearms and things like that.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Steam flares!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

There's occasional steam and clockwork technology (the Grummer engineer Flint brought his steam wagon by town once), but it's not going to be a huge presence. The playable area is mostly wilderness, frontier, and ruins.

Grum built a nice big wall, "The Quarantine Wall", in an attempt to keep the curses, diseases, and other stuff from spreading east of the mountains when the great plague destroyed most of the West, so they're not really keen on expanding to or having much of a presence there.

There are (eventual, down the line) plans for some low-grade steam and clockwork technology used by players (weapons, crafting, etc.) but it's not going to be anything too advanced.
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Vapor-based plague doctor masks for all Grummer citizens who are travelling, 25% off, this week only!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Myke

Post by Myke »

"There are (eventual, down the line) plans for some low-grade steam and clockwork technology used by players (weapons, crafting, etc.) but it's not going to be anything too advanced."

This was really all I had meant. I was mainly just checking if any of that already existed or if there were plans for it. Question answered! Many thanks, I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Return to “Blacksmithing”