Profession Ideas?

devilsmortician

Profession Ideas?

Post by devilsmortician »

So, I've been thinking. We obviously have a nice selection in professions so far, but I've got a few ideas. Feel free to converse over them and add your own!

-Tailor
-Gunsmith
-Beast Tamer (livestock)
-Baker/Cook
-Carpenter (for building homes in the wild)
Dakhal

Re: Profession Ideas?

Post by Dakhal »

Well, Cooking is very much a skill as it is. Gunsmithing has likely been discussed at one point, but I can't recall. Beast Taming is in the game, in the form of a few abilities- there is no plans to make control of animals a permanent thing, the last I checked. Carpentry is in the game, and I believe it was ruled that they do not want home building to be a possibility with it. The wilderness homes that exist as is are something that the current staff objects to.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
devilsmortician

Post by devilsmortician »

I'd just like to see some more growth.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Growthsmithing.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'd like to see some more growth too. It'll happen, but it's going to take time and will not be very high on the priority lists. Also, I can't promise it'll be everything you want or listed above. Some of these things I just don't agree with, such as wilderness homes. The wilderness is supposed to be very unsafe.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

I just want my alchemy :(
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Amen to that. And brewing might be neat too.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

I would love to see alchemy/brewing and tailoring.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I think at this point I'd be happy to see improvements on current professions. Pottery still needs work. Lots of players have expressed their desire to be able to customize things like carpentry and leatherwork, among other things.

It's after that I'd like to have a profession like tailoring. That sounds really neet. Brewing, of course would be very cool.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Moon_Dew

Post by Moon_Dew »

It's a shame that the staff object to the idea of wilderness homes, I'd would have suggested the ability to start up a farm. Have your own place to live, grow crops, stable your horse, even raise livestock to butcher, gather byproducts from, or just to sell at the market (fat pigs and cows are always in demand, and what noble worth their land and title wouldn't want thoroughbred destrier?)
Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Tailoring is one of the crafting skills I'd been hoping for. Rakon's not destined to be a tailor, but I'd like to play one.

Return to “General Professions”