Carpentry item ideas

Lun
CLOK Patron

Carpentry item ideas

Post by Lun »

We don't really have a carpentry suggestions thread, so I'm going to hope that this thread will solve that problem. Carpentry is awesome!

Random ideas for items to add to the game:
Crate: storage container. We already have these in use in Shadgard and Mistral Lake, why not allow players to craft their own? They wouldn't be as infinitely spacious as the ones in town, but would be able to hold a bunch of clutter.
Coat rack: I think a lot of these are going to be storage containers/for holding stuff. This one holds items that go OVER the torso. Useful for if you have guests.
A smoking rack*: Like, a smoked meat rack. For smoking meat. Smokes strips of meat in a few real-time hours. Set it and forget it!
Bookshelves: Doesn't actually have to function, since there aren't many people who read books. But it'd be nice to be able to add bookshelves to a home to make it seem more study-like.

EDIT: I think being able to craft professions tables/tanning racks and etc is ridiculous and can facilitate "safe" botting (you're never really safe.) so. Add it to the thread but I personally think it's ridiculous and won't be implemented but PROVE ME WRONG :D

Post edit: Someone thought that term inappropriate, so I googled it. It's been changed now.
Last edited by Lun on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Carpentry item ideas

Post by Rias »

"Hey guys how about we let carpenters make crafting ta-"

NOPE!

That settled, please continue.

After all, crafting tables are more than just a table. They're presumably equipped with all sorts of little specialty tools you'd need to use for their associated profession skill.

"Hey guys, how about we let blacksmiths make specialty tools for crafting ta-"

NOPE!

Right. Please continue.
The lore compels me!
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

How about letting them make dinky little handcarts or wagons? Now the difference between these and the rentable types would be plentiful: First, carpentry-made carts would not be returnable. No easy money for you, people-who-take-advantage-of-things. The player-made carts could also hold more or less items, maybe even have options for both. But the big drawback is they take many steps to build. You have to build the wheels first, then the basket, then the frame, then shove it all together. And if the wheels are bad enough in quality, then it has a chance of a wheel falling off or breaking or even causing items to bounce out of the cart randomly. Also, these would not be safe from the janitor like regular carts. We don't need a bajillion player-made carts clogging up the wilderness and towns. So yeah, go ahead and make them. They are slightly better than the kind you can buy. But you also can't get too sloppy while building or leave it alone for too long, so you've been warned.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Target dummies: No skillgains, but can be casted at a few times. (Made of wood, so pyromancers are going to get a nice campfire going after a few casts.)

Cooking things? Like a butter churn? It's not exactly a professions table if implemented in this manner.

Return to “General Professions”