Variable roundtimes

Blitz

Variable roundtimes

Post by Blitz »

I recently noticed skill level appears to have no impact at all on the inflicted roundtime of actions where this is variable, like knapping, grinding herbs and leatherworking. For example, knapping takes anywhere between 2 and 6 seconds, whether my skill level is 1 or 1000.

Contrary to this: First Aid. Bandaging takes anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds, but if you get better at first aid, you improve your chance of lowering your roundtime; at my current level, most of my bandages go on in 2-3 seconds.

I would like to request implementing a similar (chance of) roundtime reduction for crafting roll as your level in the corresponding skill increases. If I can turn a chunk of rock into a perfect to-scale statue of Rias with no more than 3 well-aimed love taps, which is roughly where my knapping skill is at right now, I'd like not to spend 6 seconds doing something I should be able to do in 2.
Acarin

Re: Variable roundtimes

Post by Acarin »

I believe your compensation for higher skill levels with crafting comes in the form of reduced energy costs instead (so you can do it longer). I would be difficult to balance crafting if rt reductions were significant...

Return to “General Professions”