Masterful Work and Crafting systems

Landion

Masterful Work and Crafting systems

Post by Landion »

Recently, quite a few crafters have become skilled enough to begin to create masterful pieces with some regularity. So, in speaking with Rias and looking over the various crafting systems, we've decided to make some slight changes to how easy it is to get a masterful piece, for any crafting system.

From now on, there is only a small chance you will get a masterful piece, for even the most skilled of workers.

This is because, it was never indended to have the market flooded with masterful work, as these are meant to be fairly 'rare'. Masterful weapons also offer significant benefits to damage and accuracy, while masterful armor offers bonuses to damage reduction and durability.

Exquisite and well-crated pieces should still be regularly obtainable, with the same chances as before, and do offer very sigificant bonuses. However, as I stated, masterful was meant to be more rare.

This is not to say that a masterful piece cannot be achieved, but that it requires now a good amount of luck to occur.

As always, these changes will be adjusted as necessary.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I've found that I've created two items now, and both gave the message "You smile as you look over your work, realizing you've managed to create quite the masterpiece.", even though both items were of completely different quality. One was Misshapen, the other was Exquisite.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Landion

Post by Landion »

Bah, I'll take a look at that.

Edit: Fixed... darn < > mixup.
Last edited by Landion on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Landion

Post by Landion »

In addition to this change, I've updated it so that Traders with Mastery skills will have a slightly higher chance to get a masterful part.

Adjustments will be made as necessary.

Return to “General Professions”