On 'non-corporeal' nethrim and damage reduction

Rias
Lore Hermit

On 'non-corporeal' nethrim and damage reduction

Post by Rias »

Just a clarifying post: As most people know, weapon strikes deal very little damage to wraith-like nethrim (shades, spectres, wraiths) that don't have solid physical bodies, but are just made up of nether. Of course, ferrous materials add some alchemical damage, but the initial weapon strikes are heavily reduced in damage. I just wanted to clarify that this is because the weapons are just sort of swooshing through the nethrim, since their bodies aren't solid, but are somewhere between liquid and gas. So, the blow isn't being deflected or turned aside. Rather, it's passing through with little effect.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Re: On 'non-corporeal' nethrim and damage reduction

Post by Kiyaani »

One could argue that it might do more damage since the weapon is being enveloped in the entity and dispersing it instead of just hitting the surface, unless you want to say that the nether moves out of the way allowing the strike to pass through without contact.

Also, I was sad when I read this. I thought from the title you were reducing the amount of damage output they have. Those hits with sorcery and cryomancy are deadly! Much worse than most weapons.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: On 'non-corporeal' nethrim and damage reduction

Post by Rias »

Kiyaani wrote:One could argue that it might do more damage since the weapon is being enveloped in the entity and dispersing it instead of just hitting the surface
The majority of what little "body matter" is displaced just swooshes right back into place. Big perk of not having a rigid/solid physical body, nervous system, internal (or external!) organs, etc.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Sorcery”