CMUD Mapper Configuration?

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Zaggeh

CMUD Mapper Configuration?

Post by Zaggeh »

CMUD seems to be confused by the room type descriptions (the stuff after the name) and the ambient information like noise and light.

Has anyone been able to set up a working configuration for the CMUD mapper? Mind telling me your settings?
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

CLOK tends to use very unorthodox formatting in comparison to a lot of other muds out there. In fact I have yet to find one plugin out there that will work perfectly with CLOK without going through and re-writing a lot of it. That is why I tend to make my plugins from the ground up. However, it sounds like CMUD is taking the titles and importing it into it's mapping plugin. This could be fixed by changing its parsing trigger. (can get very complicated) So, I won't touch that one with a 9 foot pole....

Also mappers in general don't always work 100% of the time in CLOK because not all areas will snap perfectly to a grid. I have my own mapper and it won't work sometimes. (it's not a plugin but rather a separate drawing tool). However, about 95% of this game should work with a mapper if you can get it to work.
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore

Return to “Technical Stuff”