Chat cleanup

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Rias
DEV

Chat cleanup

Post by Rias »

I've been cleaning up the Discord server a bit. Generally, the more channels a Discord server has, the more chaotic and disorganized it feels and the more difficult it is to find where the "correct" place is to say or look for something. More importantly, I'm not fond of having more available in Discord than there is in-game. If an answer to something a player asks or needs is "join the Discord" then I generally consider that a problem, with the exception of voicechat. I've moved the non-game-bridged Discord chats to the "Archived" section of Discord so their content won't be lost, but it shouldn't be possible to continue posting in them. One exception is the #off-topic channel, so CLOK players have a place to socialize and chatter about non-CLOK-related stuff. I'm happy to keep that completely separated from the game itself.

On that note, please remember that the #GAME channel is for on-topic conversation about the game. Discussion of food is becoming increasingly common there, and at this point I would ask that people keep that to the #off-topic channel instead so we don't have people getting frustrated with the on-topic channel being frequently noisy with off-topic chatter. Also remember that the TELL command exists for things like typo corrections or OOC comments on situations only specific parties were present for.

I'll also remind everyone that I typically don't pay much (if any) attention to the chat channels, so if you have feedback or suggestions or the like that you want to actually be seen and considered, please post it here on the BBS. Don't let your great ideas be lost to the void!
The lore compels me!

Return to “Technical Stuff”