Thank you all for your patience!

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Jirato
DEV

Thank you all for your patience!

Post by Jirato »

We've been working on a lot of the boilerplate code lately, and redoing a lot of really ancient stuff to enable features that were never really a consideration when the MUD server program was first created.

It's been a really bumpy ride, and we've probably still got some trials ahead of us. But I just wanted to take a moment to thank y'all for being patient as we work on implementing all this telnet stuff.

CLOK was a very "dumb" server, in a way. Not in the negative way, but all it ever did was send and receive lines, It didn't follow the telnet RFCs, it didn't send out any non-text data, and it didn't accept any non-text data. Over the last couple days, we've slowly begun to get with the times and modernize it to perform basic protocol handshakes and send some other under the hood stuff. This is what has allowed us to push out the ClokGear package to Mudlet users, and allow clickable exit links for MUSHclient and zMUD/cMUD users. It's really exciting to think about what kind of other possibilities this will be able to bring in the future.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alila

Re: Thank you all for your patience!

Post by Alila »

We should be thanking you, Jirato. Now and always. Thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into keeping the mud running, despite everything else that contends for your attention. Not only writing code, but taking the time to gage the mood of your players through posts like this one, and conversation on the chat. Clok has a wonderful team of the most personable development staff I've ever had the pleasure of roleplaying with, and you're a part of that. So thank you, Jirato! Your the best!
"Everything is cool when you're part of a team!"
-Alila
;)
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
vunrad

Re: Thank you all for your patience!

Post by vunrad »

I know I've been long absent, but Jirato I've always enjoyed the game and I always will. I may need time away but I will always return to clok and am beyond expression to how grateful I am to be able to return and delve into new adventures.

Return to “Technical Stuff”