MUSHClient - Chainwalking

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Edoras

MUSHClient - Chainwalking

Post by Edoras »

Use this plugin in order to use the "chainwalk" command to chain together movements even if there is round-time between them without requiring manual input!
ex:
chainwalk e,n,ne,ne,e,go gate

chainwalk wander,sw,w,w,w,sw,sw,go clearing
the "chainstop" command stops speedwalking.

You can set your own directions by creating aliases that send to "execute" instead of "world". Those will fire through the chainwalk command.

Download the .xml file, then in MUSHClient navigate to file->plugins->add, select where you downloaded this file, and you're all set!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NRs ... jFVX3k2eDg

Enjoy! Please leave a comment if you decide to use it or otherwise have suggestions or encounter problems!
(You will need to have triggers enabled in your world to use this plugin)
Kiyaani

Re: MUSHClient - Chainwalking

Post by Kiyaani »

The only thing I would say about this is I encourage anyone who uses a speedwalking command to please pay attention. GMs will often randomly place NPCs in someone's path in the hopes of starting RP or an event and people using a speedwalk can blaze right past without even noticing. The same goes for other players - they may be doing something or participating or trying to engage someone in RP and that person again, speeds on by. It's frustrating when that happens. So again, if you use a command like this, please keep your attention on the game.
Edoras

Post by Edoras »

Hence why there's a command to stop chainwalking whenever you want!

This is primarily useful if you find yourself consistently moving a wagonload full of ore/trees/etc down the same path repeatedly. It gets old repeating the same path dozens of times, and if you're not focused on the specific direction to move, you can afford to pay more attention to what else might be on the way.
ironcross32

Post by ironcross32 »

I love this thing, major thanks, I was wondering how to do something similar, but sadly my coding skills leave a lot to be desired.

Return to “Technical Stuff”