MUSHClient/Mudlet - Format Gear worn as list

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Edoras

MUSHClient/Mudlet - Format Gear worn as list

Post by Edoras »

This is a simple MUSHClient trigger that separates the gear displayed when looking at someone to be shown line by line, as opposed to in a paragraph. I'm used to the visual movement of gear from top to bottom, and this helps me greatly when I'm trying to get the proper visual look for a character.

Here's the before and after form.
Solidly built, this man appears to know how to handle himself. He has shaggy brown and a round face. His dark green eyes regard his surroundings with confidence, seeming to constantly watch for danger.
His head is scraped.
His chest is scraped.
His abdomen is scraped.
His right leg is scraped.
He is holding a long black steel pike in his right hand.
He is wearing a steel-spiked black burgonet, a black chain gorget, a glossy black cuirass, a black and gold signet ring, a sturdy black leather belt, some glossy black leg greaves and some toe-spiked sabatons.
He is covered in gore!
He is covered in blood!

He is riding a black-maned chestnut warhorse.
Thick muscles bulge beneath the dark gray hide of this large warhorse. It appears ever alert for danger, constantly scanning its surroundings.
Solidly built, this man appears to know how to handle himself. He has shaggy brown and a round face. His dark green eyes regard his surroundings with confidence, seeming to constantly watch for danger.
His head is scraped.
His chest is scraped.
His abdomen is scraped.
His right leg is scraped.
He is holding a long black steel pike in his right hand.
He is wearing:
A steel-spiked black burgonet
A black chain gorget
A glossy black cuirass
A black and gold signet ring
A sturdy black leather belt
Some glossy black leg greaves and some toe-spiked sabatons
He is covered in gore!
He is covered in blood!

He is riding a black-maned chestnut warhorse.
Thick muscles bulge beneath the dark gray hide of this large warhorse. It appears ever alert for danger, constantly scanning its surroundings.
Unfortunately, the last two pieces of gear are always placed together. I can't do anything reasonable about that, unfortunately, despite trying like crazy. As well, if any pieces of gear happen to have commas in their description (I haven't seen any yet but I'm sure they exist) then this will look awkward on those.

This requires that you have scripting enabled in MUSHClient and have it set to JScript. If anyone uses a different scripting language and is interested in this, let me know and I'll translate it into the other language, as it's overall not that complicated of a script.

Steps:
Open this link and click the "Download" button in the top right to download this .MCT file.
Open MUSHClient with your Clok world, open up the world properties and the triggers section.
Click "Load" and select this file. Be certain to choose "NO" when asked whether you want to replace your scripts, or you will be a very sad person!
JScript version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NRs ... TV6blE4aDQ

If you want to disable the trigger afterwards, find the entry marked under the "appearance" group.

If you use this and enjoy it, post to let me know please, as I may make more!
If you use this and have problems, let me know!
If you would like to use this but don't use JScript in MUSHClient, I don't mind translating it! Post with your scripting language.

Edit: Since someone asked, here's the same script in Mudlet.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NRs ... HZLVFZneVU
Steps:
Open this link and click the "Download" button in the top right to download this .xml file.
Open your world in Mudlet, click "triggers", then "Import".
Select the .xml file.
Enjoy!

If you use this and enjoy it, post to let me know please, as I may make more!
If you use this and have problems, let me know!

Return to “Technical Stuff”