"Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushclient.

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
artus

Re: "Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushclient.

Post by artus »

I just got myself ftp server. Changed the link again. I still leave my dropbox links there just in case, but this one is more stable. Gms,
if you'd like to change the link, change it to the ones in this post instead. I'll update the first post as well.

mush dependent version:
http://aloufi.me/walka/soundpacks/clok.zip

standalone bundle:

http://aloufi.me/walka/soundpacks/clok_bundle.zip
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
artus

Post by artus »

It's been far too long, guys. But it's not gonna be too long anymore because...it's update time!

V. 1.09
- Ungagged a few event sounds so players don't have to ask me where the breeze comes from all of a sudden.
- Changed the way magic surge works in combat. There're now various sounds based on what you release upon casting. Don't always work though. Some of them still don't have sounds. If this keeps breaking, may have to change it in the future.
- Added sounds for heat damage. Actually the same as fire damage sounds.
- Added sounds for electric damage.
- Changed almost all archery sounds.
- Sounds for various channeling.
- Sounds for some specific abilities.
- More sounds for mage stuff.
- Fixed bugs in sound panning and the nasty bug that doesn't let you send lines with "you * saw *".
- Sounds for bardge slowing. Hopefully you guys will miss it less now.
- And of course added some other sounds as well. Can't list them all here.

You can use the first post of this topic to grab the link. If I remember correctly, I've already changed that post to point to my ftp server. Or, in case you're lazy, I'll throw the links around here too.

mush dependent:
http://aloufi.me/walka/soundpacks/clok.zip

standalone bundle:
http://aloufi.me/walka/soundpacks/clok_bundle.zip

Enjoy guys. Bug reports, comments and suggestions are welcome as usual.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
artus

Post by artus »

Important news:
Due to some issues, I unfortunately have to abruptly say goodbye to my ftp server. I'll pull all of my packs off there and will post dropbox link either
tonight or tomorrow. You may be able to use the ftp as long as it doesn't expire, but I'm not gonna update anything on there anymore so it'll stay at 1.09
forever. Dropbox will be my main site from now on, until I manage to buy myself my own ftp server that is. And thank you but no thanks in advance for those
of you who think of helping by buying a new ftp for me. I don't wanna rely on anyone's money for my own stuff. Not only it costs you a lot, it's also unreliable
in case you decide to stop maintaining the server. If I grab one, I'd rather use my own so I can assure myself I'm not a bother to anyone's money and have
a choice to maintain it as long as I want by myself at will. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
artus

Post by artus »

This is not (yet) an update. But because it's near an update, I'm coming to ask you guys one major question. As I probably mentioned on Clok at least once or twice that this pack is going to have something major worked on, like the ability to go to the bbs topic with new post once it's announced in the game, or to be able to access the changelog from the client without having to go to the folder to read it. Esp is also reworked as well so there are sounds when someone pulses, when someone is feared etc (but there's a bug behind it i can't yet fix. But at least it works). And here's the other thing I think I'll work on before I release the pack. Can't promise it within a week or two since I myself am tangled in my first audiobook project as part of my job trial practice. So without further ado, here's the question:
I've been looking to expand the dynamic damage soundsystem, to make it so damage sounds are based on the amount of damage dealt rather than globally anything, so no more "boom" for 1 damage. I have two plans for damage calculation for this, but not sure which sounds better for you guys, or if you have any other plan to suggest.
there are 30 of each damage type sounds in each folder:
The first plan is to make it 1-5, 6-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80 and 81+
The second plan is to make it 1-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80 and 81+
I'm willing to increase or decrease the number of sounds accordingly depends on how the final setup goes. But now I need your opinion guys. Anyone have suggestions about this, or about other stuff I can add to the pack, feel free.
And as always, bug reports and alike are always welcome. The stuff reported in the last update, including broken elemental sounds and bullet damage not playing are all fixed.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I like the first option personally. Can you put in sounds for when someone joins you or leaves your group.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
artus

Post by artus »

This update smells rotten and salty, hey!!
Because I fermented it in my to-do list for far too long. But hey, it's out now!

V. 1.1
- the following major features have been implemented:
* You can open the pack changelog by typing log from the client window without having to go to the worlds and clok folder.
* You can use the alias open bbs to access the recently announced bbs post from the client without having to go to bbs yourself, provided you have bbs link option turned on. If you exit the client before accessing that link, however, it'll disappear and you have to go to bbs to see the post, since the script doesn't remember the value of variables unless you go to clokworld.lua to set it yourself.
* Add "character mode building guide" for those who want their own custom character mode, the same way as how I have "Artus" as an alias to activate my mode, with lists of preferences in the send box. See character mode building guide for more info.
*rework damage sound system. Now damage sounds are based on numbers of damage dealt instead of universal. May be hard to notice though, but at least it may give you better clue of how much damage you recieve, although barely.
Additional changes:
- Added armor clanging sounds for when you walk somewhere with armor on.
- Magic sounds reworked. Some magic surges and arcs have sounds for them rather than normal damage sounds. I'm not sure how well this works. If it keeps breaking, I may have to rework again and/or take it out.
- Crossbow users rejoice! Added sounds for crossbow.
- Added sounds for more forging strings.
- Added sound for bullet damage. Forgot to add it, whoops.
- Fixed a bug that caused some elemencer channels to not play and throw errors.
- Added sounds for nova, woo!
- esp specific sounds when someone pulses. Currently, there's a bug with it being attached to the next output message that comes after the pulse. I'm not sure how to fix it yet. Sorry for that. Sounds for fear messages will follow in the next update.

links:
standalone bundle:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00wejoqisdkfx ... e.zip?dl=1

mushclient dependent:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz1iiipr8fyqlwo/clok.zip?dl=1

I'll work on uploading links on the first page of this topic in place of the new ones that no longer work. As always, I'm up for bugs and suggestions. I may have missed some of the cool requests in the past even. Please give me a reminder so I can add to the next update. Hope you enjoy the pack.
See you on Clok yo!

Return to “Technical Stuff”