"Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushclient.

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
artus

"Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushclient.

Post by artus »

Hello!
For Clok players, or for people who want to try Clok, here is a pack for you.
Originally created by Sneak, this pack has a lot of changes. Sounds are changed, more sounds are added, and more will come in the next updates.

Now for mush-z part, the installing process is much easier. Details is given in the read me. You don't have to mess with plugins that much anymore. If you want a standalone bundle with everything globalized and configured, grab the bundle.

New! Those without mush-z installed and don't wanna work around mushclient can finally enjoy Clok in a complete bundle:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz1iiipr8fyqlwo/clok.zip?dl=1

Here's the mushclient dependent pack for you who multi-mud or want the pack the old way:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00wejoqisdkfx ... e.zip?dl=1

I'm up for more errors and bugs as usual, which I kind of think there will be again despite all i've fixed.

My thanks go to Sneak, the original creater of clok, many sound sources I can't remember all to give credits, Ironcross32 for awesome plugins, you who have the urge to try, and especially you who stick and enjoy Clok as much as I do. Thank you, and sorry again for whatever trouble you may come across.
Last edited by artus on Sun May 03, 2020 3:39 am, edited 12 times in total.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Jaster

Re: Artus' "Extended Clok mod" for Mush-Z users!

Post by Jaster »

Myth confirmed: Coanid is Rias.
artus

Post by artus »

Myth denied: in fact, Coanid is not Rias, for certain.:)
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I think he's more referring to the fact that you practically said that Coanid is the original creator of Clok.
artus wrote:My thanks go to Sneaky aka Coanid, the original creater of clok
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
artus

Post by artus »

After what seems like forever, I finally got my lazy ass up and upload this version. If you have sounds from the previous pack customized, don't forget to back up before you install and set up this new update. A bunch of sounds are changed.

Changelog:
*more ambiance and steps added for the following types of terrain: planes (not to confuse with grass sounds), hills and mountains, and mud.
*Druids rejoice: you can now type root someone to try to root the person down. You don't have to type cast 702 anymore.
*A bunch of battlecries and grunt sounds are added, player and enemy sounds are separated. All attack sounds are deleted and changed to fit this new change.
*Sounds for the following moves and actions are added: hamstring, disarm, grapple, gaia warning (not guaranteed).
*a bunch of old codes are rewritten, stealth penalty on plane sight should have some whooshing sound as a warning. I have to gag the output for some weapon sounds to work, since the line itself is merged with the combat text. You may occasionally hear the whoosh when you hide, indicating penalty.

Enjoy! Feel free to report, as usual.
artus

Post by artus »

At long last, it's time for an update, yo!
Today's update is a rather big one, and there are some tweaks and changes, all for the better. (or worse). I await feedback from you guys, as usual.

Changes include:
- web sounds are added and fixed
- channel sounds are changed so it doesn't loop annoyingly, and is less clunky mechanically crappy like the old one. Some loops and ambiance sounds are fixed and added along with this too.
- Some movement sounds are added. This includes standing, sitting in general. Stealth sound has been changed to fit the surroundings.
- fatigue sound is changed to be based on pitch instead of panning. I'm looking for some better sounds to replace for this one right now.
- fatigue is notified only when your energy is at winded or below. If you type fatigue and it throws back silence, be glad your energy is still alright.
- more profession sounds are in place now to enjoy. Choppers and loggers rejoice! Not everything yet though.
- riln handing, buying, selling, exchanging, and more general sounds are there now and more will come in the next update.

And very lastly, a big feature that will sure make you people rejoice even more, a really nice way to set up! You don't need to mess with the plugins and all that that much anymore! Details please read the read me.

I hope you enjoy it!

Here's the pack (without bundle):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmbp9jsf4ur9wkn/clok.rar?dl=0

and here's mushclient, if you don't have mushclient or mush-z installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ww1nkgzpj0yh ... 4.exe?dl=0

If you get a message or a bunch of messages throwing plugin or path invalid, make sure you have the thing in the right plae (worlds/clok), and copy every plugins in the plugins folder to your mush plugins directory.

Now I'd better go smile somewhere else. I'm just too happy.:)
artus

Post by artus »

Another update guys. Changes are in the changelog within the archive. I messed up something so I have to change the link. Will have a gm update the soundpack help file soon.
artus

Post by artus »

Yet another update, A gift before my next semester starts. Enjoy guys!

Link is also on the first post:

changelog for V. 1.02
- New ambiance: water and mud.
- Sounds for some certain in game events.
- Triggers and aliases are now catigorized.
- Also more sounds for certain movements: notably splashing and climbing.
- Some footstep sounds have been changed to be more matched with the newly added sounds.
- As a ladder to the above, some sounds were changed as well. The pack hopefully gives you more lively feeling now.
- Format converted. Now the pack is hopefully smaller. In addition, those bulky "betterat" sounds are removed, and new successful trainingg sound has been added in its place.

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m8qekhzsr67brr/clok.rar?dl=1

Have fun!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Thanks for sharing!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
artus

Post by artus »

It's that time again! Time for....an update!

Changelog for V. 1.03
- The hugest edition of this update is, of course, as you may already see, Clok now has music! This includes both ambiance based tracks and the changed intro.
Note: all of these tracks are heavily copyrighted. Please don't take them anywhere for any personal or commercial use. I just added them to enhance your experience. Let them be only in this pack.
- A few more ambiance added along with the music.
- Esp now has its sound change, due to a recent request.
- Autogrinding added for leather repair.
- Fixed a wrong sound file.
- Editted the autogrind read me a little. Fixed some typoes and made it a little easier to understand.
- Default volume tweeked due to recent feedback off it being too low.
- Finally, alchemic damage + weapon sounds, and sounds for continuous burn damage as well.
- Sounds or invalid commandand rp award. Also sounds for others I forgot to note.

Enjoy guys! The link is in the first post and also in the game. Log in and type help soundpack to get it.
artus

Post by artus »

And it's da update again!

changelog for V. 1.05
- Changed some ambiances.
- Adjust the volume of some sounds and music tracks to reduce the problem of them being too quiet or too loud.
- A few more tracks and ambiances added. Void now has a song for you to enjoy.
- Steps recoded due to some ambiances not working properly.
- The pack no longer prevents you from selecting number 10 or 25 anymore. That was an alias I forgot to remove for myself. I've solved it by implementing "Artus mode" only for my alias sets now, lol. Thanks Angelina and Uyoku.
- Due to a recent request, scrape wounds can be shown in the info by toggling "scrape on". Once scrape mode is on, scrapes will be shown when you type info. If you wanna disable it, type scrape off or scrape something that is not "on". It's off by default.
- Removed some useless files and old codes to reduce the pack size.
- A bunch of more sounds added.
- Fixed weird output linebreaks. Special thanks to Ironcross32 for reporting it.
- A few elemental sounds and damage types added.
- Sounds for acid damage and some elemental stuff.

There may be bugs though. If you find any, please voice it aloud.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

- Due to a recent request, scrape wounds can be shown in the info by toggling "scrape on". Once scrape mode is on, scrapes will be shown when you type info. If you wanna disable it, type scrape off or scrape something that is not "on". It's off by default.
Why would you gag important information like this by default? In my opinion, this is a poor decision and will wind up hurting new players who don't know how injuries work. Personally, I think it'd be better to have the gag off by default and let people turn it on if they want it.

Healing scrapes with untreated bandages before they develop into more serious wounds that require poultices is one of the best ways to survive in CLOK. Yes, you can heal "Lightly wounded" with untreated bandages too, but why risk having it turn into a moderate wound that you'll require a poultice for when you can treat it early?

What other kind of important information does this program gag?
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
artus

Post by artus »

It was actually Coanid's idea to gag it. It was always gagged though. I took your words into account and the smallfix update+bundle I'm about to post has it on by default.
Hunger doesn't start showing til it's ravenous. If that's the case, I'll look to fix it too. I can see why Coanid had scrapes gagged though. It's spammy when you info yourself. Your * is scraped, like 5 lines among the more wounded ones.

Anyway, updating the smallfix now. Scrape mode on included.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Yeah that things like that were gagged explains a lot of odd interactions I’ve had with people, and some problems I’ve seen people having. I think it’s a bad call to gag any information the game provides, you want to give it a sound trigger, sure but the info should be visible .
I’m also somewhat concerned about calling your pac the “official extended CLOK mod’ It makes it sound like your pack is affiliated with, and supported by the CLOK staff, which I don’t think it is and that should be made clear.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I really appreciate Artus' contributions to the CLOK community by offering the soundpack for others to use. It's brought in a lot of new players from AudioGames.net.

Preiman does have a point though. I renamed the title of this topic.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Also moved this to the "Technical Stuff" forum, as the purpose of this forum is for discussion of clients, plugins, mods, etc. Also, stickied.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: [Community-Made] "Extended Clok mod"! (Mush-Z)

Post by preiman »

Oh I never meant to imply that Artus’s pack wasn’t a good thing for CLOK, if it sometimes comes off that way that’s not my intent. I know I can be direct sometimes with my criticisms and I don’t always say the things that are positive, for that I apologize, it’s something I’m working on.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
artus

Re: [Community-Made] "Extended Clok mod"! (Mush-Z)

Post by artus »

Lol, you guys made me unable to find my topic.:p Well right now as I'm here, and I've read all posts issuing my pack, I'm going to say it here. The pack is originally created by Coanid, and some info are he himself gagged it from the start. I may look into removing the gag, as I myself am concern as much about both the info and the flavor of the mud. Jirato did bring quite a huge consideration to me, and right now I'm looking at codes to see what's gagged. Some of the fatigue messages are gagged, but indicated by sounds (I'll remove the gag), otherwise it's "continue crafting" kind of message that I myself gagged to reduce spam. Do you guys think I should remove it too?
Also, going to change the topic title on Audiogames.net to match this one. Thank you all!
artus

Re: [Community-Made] "Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushcli

Post by artus »

Changed the title again. The pack is now not only for mush-z anymore. There's a standalone bundle for mushclient as well.
Jirato
DEV

Re: [Community-Made] "Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushcli

Post by Jirato »

The continue crafting text can be turned off server-side with option autoreminder, just FYI.
artus

Re: "Extended Clok mod"! Mush-z and mushclient.

Post by artus »

Oh really? I never knew autoreminder was actually there to remove that too.
artus

Post by artus »

The bundle had a serious bug i needed to fix. It's done and live now. You guys can go get it. Those downloaded the bundle need to redownload it again so you can turn music and ambiance on and off at will.
artus

Post by artus »

Guess what? It's a huge update over there!

V. 1.06
- A new awesome plugin: quick transfer. Lets you set up containers and transfer super fast without having to keep typing transfer blah from blah to blah over and over again.
A new awesome plugin: easy riln! Lets you store and retrieve riln super fast from your container. (See easy riln manual).
Volume shortcuts! See read me for instructions. You also don't have to type ss and look anymore now.
- Missed mode implemented (see things to do).
- Range strings reworked.
- Changed a few sounds following requests.
- Fixed some damage sounds. Melee attacking from hiding now has sounds.
- Ambiance and music added for a lot of room flags.
- Fatigue ungagged and reworked.
- Fixed sit string bug, whoops! I gagged it and misplaced the path by accident since when I didn't know. Don't mind me. I work while half asleep most of the time.
- Fixed damage strings. Some of what generally don't play really should work now. There may still be bugs, though.
- A few objective battle sounds added.
- Added details for some aliases to the pack (root, pulse etc).
- More sound adjustments and volume tweaks.
artus

Post by artus »

Guess what it smells like?
It smells like an update again!

Changelog for V. 1.07
- Every read me in the bundle is moved from worlds/clok to the main Clok bundle path for easier access.
- Autogrind added for mix/shape, for easier baking.
- Fixed autogrind script so it works with both normal container and containers with suffix flags.
- Updated the read me acorddingly due to the change in option numbers in game.
- Updated autogrind manual a little following the change.
- Fixed a bug that made scrape wounds show twice in log files and output window when looking at yourself.
- Removed some bulky stuff from the pack and change some music tracks to reduce the size and the load time which seemingly causes a bit of lag in game.
- Music and ambiance added for swamp wet terrain.
- More event sounds.
- Added step sounds notification for when someone enters the room.

Go ahead and download from here :
Mush-z dependant version :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m8qekhzsr67brr/clok.rar?dl=1

Standalone bundle :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/unmy6vtdiodj9 ... e.rar?dl=1

Logging in to the game and type help soundpack also gives you these same links you can copy from the mud, easier that way.
artus

Post by artus »

Changes come with something new, and of course something new for today is...an update, finally!

V. 1.08
- Changed the file extention to .zip, yay for 7z users!
- Implemented "mode" system for riln management. See things to do for further information. Easyriln must be enabled for it to work. It's off by default.
- Following a request, changed sound for when lapidary polish is finished.
- Fixed a bug with amb_id 19 music not working properly.
- Shadow notify added for when someone stealthily moves in and away from your line of sight.
- I finally learn to spell! Fixed some typos in the read me and stuff, also improved them slightly. There'll likely be more of these.
- Changed some sounds to add more lively feel to the pack.
- Added trap sounds.
- Fletchers, cook and potters rejoice! Autogrind added for fletching and shaping!
- Intro song now loops.
- More sounds for more movements, carpentry, pottery and some stuff I can't remember what.
- Removed autorepair script because it's buggy and doesn't work with everything.
- Added and improved sounds for firearms, archery and slings.
- Added loot and bury alias (see things to do).

The old links no longer work. I changed the file extention after many people said they wanted .zip rather than .rar. There you go guys. I'll update the first post as well.
Mush-z dependent version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxky0cwpltvma0s/clok.zip?dl=1

stand alone bundle:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqv1hy698jpt2 ... e.zip?dl=1

And to answer some questions I missed: don't use mush-z 5. It's buggy. It doesn't work with some plugins and there's something in the client itself that doesn't make ambiences and music play properly.

Return to “Technical Stuff”