VIP MUD hating large chunks of text

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
ydia

VIP MUD hating large chunks of text

Post by ydia »

Hi all,
I'm very frustrated because I'm trying to write a letter to an NPC, a very long one. Everytime I try to enter all the text to the game after copy pasting I hear error, but no dialog box pops up, nor does the game give me an error. I've tried pasting it all at one, and in chunks of paragraphs then trying to send it through, and yet I get the same. I have no idea what is causing it, or how to fix it, and this letter is important to send.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
jilliana

Re: VIP MUD hating large chunks of text

Post by jilliana »

You need to turn parsing on.

For one line parsing, you use the > once, for an entire block of text, you use it twice. Some people do as follows:

>>Hi NPC;^My name is Jilliana.

I personally do as follows:

>>
Greetings NPC;^My name is Jilliana.

In case your screenreader isn't getting that bit of punctuation, it's the greater sign once for one line, and twice for blocks of text. To turn it off you use the lesser sign once.

Hope that helps.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
ydia

Post by ydia »

I'll try this. thanks
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
ydia

Post by ydia »

You are now my bestfriend. lol It worked!!! yay!!!

Return to “Technical Stuff”