heave

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
sona

heave

Post by sona »

not sure if this belongs here, bugs, or somewhere else completely, but heave feels very ineffective in working with logs in particular, since trans log from <place> to <place> no longer works. heave, to my knowledge doesn't work with finesse, there's no helpfile for it, so I can't be sure, but heave log from <place> to <place> doesn't work, creating all sorts of mayhem with, lets say, logs in a room and two wagons in a room.
Barius

Re: heave

Post by Barius »

Heave doesn't actually take but a single argument: heave <item>.

At least as far as I've been able to tell.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Just skimmed over the code briefly (Rias wrote it), looks like as Barius said, just simply 'heave (item)' and the code then tries to do everything else for you.

If the item isn't a log and there's no logging carriage in the room, it will attempt to heave into the handcard or wagon last pulled by the doer (you), whichever it finds first.

If the item is a log and there's an empty logging carriage in the room, it'll attempt to heave it onto the logging carriage.

That's pretty much all it does at the moment. I could possibly see it requiring a bit more player input to specify what's going on, but I think it's functional enough as it is now without us having to rewrite it to basically be a "heavy item" version of transfer (cause the transfer code is a mess, and I wrote that). Sometimes the simpler stuff is easier.

Those logs weigh 100 pounds each by the way.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Dats a big tree, if we manage to get 400 pounds of logs from them, plus all the branches we do and don't get, plus all the excess parts of the trunk that we can't use.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Trees are pretty big things. These aren't Christmas trees you're cutting down to fit in your living room, these are large trees you're chopping down for lumber. Some variance would be nice for sure, but for now, we assume they're all nice big beefy trees prime for maximized, uh ... lumberage. I'm in no way a lumberjack or experienced in such things, so feel free to share sources and information to help us make things more accurate.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

So, since these logs are fairly hefty things, why do we only get 4 planks from each? Are the planks implied to be longer than a person is tall?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I frankly have no idea how carpentry works; I've never touched it. Feel free to post data and concerns over in its related forum.
The lore compels me!
sona

Post by sona »

my hope was just being able to specify targets, ie: heave log from wagon to carriage, or, if there's two wagons in the area for whatever reason, heave log from 2 wag to carriage, or maybe you heaved the wrong log and want to fix that without a lot of effort to puzzle out how many heaves you need to do before you get everything into the wagon so you can just do, "heave oak log from wagon to carriage" in case you've a mix of logs in your wagon.

Return to “Technical Stuff”