BBS Errors

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Fayne

BBS Errors

Post by Fayne »

So, I'm not sure if this is gappening to everyone, or just some people, or if everyone is even aware of it, but for some reason anytime I try to go to my PMs, settings, or anything besides the main page or a topic, I get an error message. This was happening yesterday as well, but this morning, I had 2 messages, so I went and read and replied to one, then tried to go look at the second one, and the error reapppeared.

This is what the error reads:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Got error 28 from storage engine [1030]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Also, I apologize if this is a known issue and I'm only being annoying by posting it here. I just wanted to make sure it was known about.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Alicia

Re: BBS Errors

Post by Alicia »

I just got the error as well when I tried to check my messages.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Fixed.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Jirato wrote:Fixed.

There cheers for the J man!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

And hopefully found the source of the problem and fixed that too so it doesn't happen again (I fixed this last night too and by this afternoon it had already happened again).

Really sorry, it's an issue with some software I'm running on my server alongside CLOK filling up my /tmp partition, which is also where all the sessions for database connections are stored. Looks like it was stuck trying to process a file the user account it runs under didn't have permission to access and it kept trying over and over again, creating new temporary files every time but never actually stopping or clearing them out.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Technical Stuff”