[Community-Made] VIPMud soundpack!

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
merin
CLOK Patron

[Community-Made] VIPMud soundpack!

Post by merin »

I am re-structuring this thread a little bit. Here, you can find the latest link to the updated version. Se future posts for the latest updates.

Link:
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ua59l3ri29e ... P.zip?dl=1[/url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ua59l3ri29e ... P.zip?dl=1
Last edited by Jirato on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Un-truncated link
merin
CLOK Patron

Re: VIPMud soundpack!

Post by merin »

Couple of updates. first, a link for the new version in full:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/158 ... ck-041.zip

What's new, you say?
0.41 (11/7/2014)
*fixed cold damage sound not to be loud as hell. (Thanks for finding this, Lavi).
*Allowed, for the new combat display, sounds to play if the target of the damage is wearing armor. (Thanks for finding this, lavi)

If you have already downloaded the full pack posted earlier, then, here's a link to the updated script file. A full re-install is not needed. if this is your first time, downloading the 0.41 file posted in this post will contain this fix.

Take the combat.set file you will get from the following link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1587665/combat.set
Place that in your vipmud\clok\scripts folder
it will aks you to override. allow it to do so.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Hi all,

for everyone that uses this, I would like your opinion on a couple things.

I've noticed there is a lot of spam when people fight like in huge groups. I am trying to make this a bit easier to deal with -- more spacificly, target things that have to do with you imparticular. I can't do this for all, but, I can control some things.

First, how many people use the combat gagging stuff? It gags the whoever swings whatever at whoever (except if it is at you). this usually get's lost in the knife (+++) 13 stab damage to da face. I would love if it was your face if directed at you, but, I'll suggest that elsewhere

Second. thaumatergy sounds. Do you want them to play when other people are healed or just yourself? I can make it do both. The way I was having it thought out is if you saw all combat messages you would get the sounds to go along with it (everyone getting healed sound in other words). if you had combat gagging on, you would only hear it when you got healed.
Darien

Post by Darien »

Thanks buddy for putting this up.

I'll try it and will post feedback.
Darien

Post by Darien »

Sorry for double posting, but It would be awesome if you could tell what features this soundpack has.
blindndangerous

Post by blindndangerous »

Going to give this pack a try since at the moment the mushclient one is broken until the GM's put in whatever fixes that Sneak needs for his pack to work properly.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Ok. it's been a while, and I know more and more people have used this, so, thoughts? suggestions?

I've received like a lot on tells, but, I haven't written a lot of them down so post them here.
taw

Post by taw »

I get a lot of errors, like:
Bad parsing error while expanding variables--Overflow in part %3 on %2, %4|@ESP in command: @ESP = {%3 on %2, %4|@ESP}
traced back to line:
#Play {clok\communicating\ESP-Gray.wav} @vol;#if {not %defined(ESP)} {@ESP = {%3 on %2, %4}} {@ESP = {%3 on %2, %4|@ESP}};#if {%numwords(@ESP,|) > 10} {@ESP = %delNItem(@ESP,%numwords(@ESP,|))}-- Error found in file D:\Program Files (x86)\VipMud\clok\scripts\communications.set
===============
Bad parsing error while expanding variables--Overflow in part %3 on %2, %4|@ESP in command: @ESP = {%3 on %2, %4|@ESP}
traced back to line:
#Play {clok\communicating\ESP-Gray.wav} @vol;#if {not %defined(ESP)} {@ESP = {%3 on %2, %4}} {@ESP = {%3 on %2, %4|@ESP}};#if {%numwords(@ESP,|) > 10} {@ESP = %delNItem(@ESP,%numwords(@ESP,|))}-- Error found in file D:\Program Files (x86)\VipMud\clok\scripts\communications.set
===============
Bad parsing error while expanding variables--Overflow in part %1 says, %3|@say in command: @say = {%1 says, %3|@say}
traced back to line: #play {clok\socials\say.wav} 50;#if {not %defined(say)} {@say = {%1 says, %3}} {@say = {%1 says, %3|@say}};#if {%numwords(@say,|) > 10} {@say = %delNItem(@say,%numwords(@say,|))}-- Error found in file D:\Program Files (x86)\VipMud\clok\scripts\communications.set
===============
traced back to line:
===============
traced back to line:
===============
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

yeah that does happen to me sometimes, too, and I for the life of me can't figure out why.
blindndangerous

If you turn on debug mode does that do anything? This is a bit sad, we pay $30 for this client and the guy doesn't have support for all screenreaders, nor does he update it. I've never gotten those errors, but my friend can't get certain sounds to play on another mud and we can't figure out why. It just plays the default windows beep sound. No one who I know who uses this client knows what causes it.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Debug mode works? hmm. new to me.
blindndangerous

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Well, after a long time, here's another update.

Changelog:

*added autopaint so you didn't have to paint when fletching
*fixed some scripts to not be required to turn them on twice at first use. will be going through more. the ones I can think of are autocarve, autopaint, and autofletch
*made ESP colors use the ESP buffer, and changed it's name.
*Added autoknap and autoknapping to knap broadheads.
*Finished going through and changing the auto scripts to be more uniform.
*made auto scripts messaging more consistent.
*added combat support for combat brief and melee brief (hopefully).
*Removed the you knock an arrow and fire if combat gagging is enabled.
*Removed autoriln.
*removed a blerb in the readme about Clayton's pack. It is no longer developed, anyway.
*ensured compatibility of VIPMud 2.0

*Oficial public release
*Added config grind to accept and deal with more than one herb (hopefully).
*Added sound/support in buffers for all ESP colors.
*Redid combat to work with the combat changes. If there are issues, PM Merin on bbs.
*Re-added chat sounds and buffer.

*Added herb grinding scripts.
*implemented a rudamentary config system for the automated scripts.
*Added an autoshare alias.
*added autofletching (thanks, Liani).
*added autoknapping (Thanks, Liani).
*Removed chat triggers and buffer.
*Due to an in game change, removed the script that would calculate study time in hours.
*Brought leatherworking configs in line with the new config system.
*Added a menu to access all of the config options.
*Added a buffer for in game bbs announcements. Do not have option 30 toggled if you wish to have the link automaticly coppied.

*Added autofishing
*Added autoleatherworking (thanks, Liani).

0.1:
*Added metalworking (mining, lapidary, forging).
*Added combat stuff
*Made skills study report in a more user friendly time.
*Added sound volume and numpad keys
*Added communications stuff
*Added other misc triggers and gags
*Begin work, period.

There is a readme in the zip file. It contains the information on installation (although if you have the soundpack already you should know hwo to do this), and all commands and how to use things. If I left something out, let me know and I'll add it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1587665/clok0-5.zip
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I have fixed the link in the first post. In future, that post will have the updated link for ease of finding it.

I suppose I should, well, work on it a bit, too. :p.
blindndangerous

That'd be cool. Haha.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I've been using an older version of this soundpack for a while now, tried downloading it again both to update and because I've had a reinstall but the dropbox link gives a 404 error. Any chance you could take a look at it please?
mercer

Post by mercer »

the link seems to still be `broken
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I believe that pack is not being developed any more.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I plan to post a link to the pack some time soon although it will by no means be updated since I don't have that kind of expertise.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Edited download link in original topic (It's https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ua59l3ri29e ... P.zip?dl=1), and going to make this topic a sticky. Hope you don't mind, Merin, lol.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Re: [Community-Made] VIPMud soundpack!

Post by jilliana »

I love this SP so far. Very nice. The only complaint is that the sounds aren't as loud as I'd like, but that's really on me.
I do suggest that maybe the channel buffers rotate? Sort of like on TWBlue wher eyou move from buffer to buffer and it just goes around and around and you don't hit an ending. It'll be great for when I have to quickly accdess a channel like say or ESP.

Fabulous job on this. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Adaria
Mentor

Post by Adaria »

F9 will decrease the volume of the pack, while F10 will increase it, it starts at about sixty I Think. I didn't know if you knew this or not but figured I'd toss it out just in case.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Adaria wrote:F9 will decrease the volume of the pack, while F10 will increase it, it starts at about sixty I Think. I didn't know if you knew this or not but figured I'd toss it out just in case.
That's the first thing I figured out but I have to adjust the sounds manually when I've the time because the tell sound is louder than the ESp sound by default for some weird reason. Not sure if say has a sound so I have to check if it does and work on that too. I'm willing to put in the work for being hard of hearing and such so I don't mind.
nyeth

Post by nyeth »

Here's a mirror, since the Dropbox link is dead
https://github.com/nyeth/clok-soundpack-vipmud/archive/0.6.zip
Last edited by nyeth on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Just letting you know the link posted for gethub isn't working. Someone said it might be trackable though, so I don't know exactly what that means.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants

Return to “Technical Stuff”