[Official] CLOK Mudlet plugins

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Drayla

Re: CLOK Mudlet plugins

Post by Drayla »

Oh, sweet, thanks! Yeah, for Elystole and anyone else who is curious, I did the whole install thing, but for whatever reason it wouldn't unpack and appear in the package manager. It's good to know that it's not just me and that something may have happened to the file. I hope you get it up and going again soon. And thanks for putting in the time to make an installer as well. I'm sure it'll help newbs like me get started a lot faster.
baerden

Post by baerden »

I just formatted and reinstalled my OS and forgot to backup my clokgear package. Is there anyone out there with a known good version that they downloaded before the corruption and could you please attach it to a post here?
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Hm. I have a version that should work, but the board is saying it is too big for me to upload it here. Suggestions?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
baerden

Post by baerden »

Hmm, might try compressing it into a zip?

Edit 1: I've actually found a good copy on an external backup. Will try to attach it myself for others.

Edit 2: No luck, cant compress an already compressed file and the max upload size is 2MB, which is set in php.ini and cannot be overridden. *so says the bbs
Last edited by baerden on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

We're working on it. After the server switch we also have to re-adjust the file uploads... I should have something posted soon.
It's not easy being evil...
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

All done! I have the standard plugin and a new spiffy all in one installer. It is a complete mudlet+clokgear package. Literally just double click it and you are ready to roll. (might want to uninstall any previous versions first though)

Here is the standalone plugin.
Attachments
ClokGearV2.1.mpackage
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 1989 times
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

And here is the all in one installer. Thanks to Jirato for figuring out the upload issues.

ClokGear 2.1 installer.exe
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Tried the installer, and it works great! I'm loving the plugin. Thanks for the quick fix!
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Want an easy way to click the vote links that are shown when you connect to CLOK? Want an easy way to click on someones silly cat video link without having to copy and paste it into your browser? Well this plugin is for you. It will automatically turn URLs into hyperlinks in your Mudlet client. These links will then open your default web browser to the URL.

(Install via the packages menu)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryaaq0vjbtqn7 ... L.xml?dl=0
baerden

Post by baerden »

I've had this for a while. Its really nice for TMS voting.
baerden

Post by baerden »

Feature request:

Add in a little banner we can click that will allow us to vote on TMS.
Carressa

Post by Carressa »

I'm looking for any advice/help anyone could offer. I've had no end of problems trying to get the plugin working and I figure it's just me being dumb but I can't figure out how...

I have 2 machines, one windows, one OSX. I already had Mudlet on the windows machine with other game profiles (which is why I don't want to use the all-in-one installer) and none on the OSX laptop. I installed mudlet 2.1 on OSX then tried to apply the plugin via package manager, install button. It flickered with something faster than I could read, but nothing happened.

I was using my Mudlet on my windows machine and got some help from someone in the game, and got a newer version of the plugin (which isn't the version shown on the wiki page) and used scritps/import on the mpackage file. It loaded in the tabs for chat, but nothing else, thogh it messed up my display seriously by hiding all the things it should be showing on the right. I tried via trigger/import and package manager/install and always got the same result.

I see screenshots of this plugin and I really want to use it, but I can't seem to get it working...

Please help? :)
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

I don't quite understand why things aren't working. Honestly I have never tried to install it on OSX but in theory it should work. I also fixed the link on the wiki, apparently that had an old corrupted file. Just to make sure, you did restart the client after install correct?

To help me fix the problem please:
#1 Delete ALL other ClokGear mpackage files you have so there is no chance of getting them mixed up.
#2 Make an entirely new mudlet profile (on your windows machine) and install a freshly downloaded version. (link below) If that works, move onto step 3.
#3 Post a screenshot of what it looks like on your OSX machine so I can try to diagnose what is going on.
#4 Open up the mudlet editor window (the one with triggers and aliases) and click on the 'errors' tab on the bottom left. Please also take a screenshot of everything that is listed there or copy n' paste it here.

If you don't want to head back to the wiki, just click the link below.
ClokGear2.1
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Oh another thing I just thought of, are you using mudlet version 2.1 or the new 3.0 beta? I have yet to test these plugins on the beta version.
Carressa

Post by Carressa »

So I tried again, doing the same thing as before... (on my windows laptop). I installed the plugin and the right panel showed up (AWESOME by the way) but no chat tabs.. so the opposite of what happened last time.

here's the errors pane:

<[string "--[[..."]:115: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)>
[ERROR:] object:<^ \[TO (.*?)\]\: (.*?)$> function:<Trigger64>
[ERROR:] object:<^ \[FROM (.*?)\]\: (.*?)$> function:<Trigger58>

It's still showing the chats in-line too, so I don't miss things and it's useable...
baerden

Post by baerden »

Hi,

It would be great if we could have another option similar to:

All comunication will now ONLY appear in the chat window.

That would send all communication EXCEPT whispers and says to appear in the chat window.

I'm going to start looking into the code to figure out how to do this myself but I thought it might be a desired feature for future versions.

I've found a way to disable moving the says up to the top window, make sure the option is NOT ticked, and then you go into clockgear, clockgeartriggers, chatnoecho and disable the 9th check box down.
baerden

Post by baerden »

Hi. I made a little round time guage. Its not very accurate, you can see that it gets about a second or two off if you compare the gauge with the round time counter in the upper right, I'm thinking about redoing it using pluginstat supertrigger and the same logic as ouchy hit loc. Anyways, if anyone has some ideas for this or wants to improve on it or whatever. I was also thinking that I could use
cgroundtime located in supertrigger some how, but I'm afraid it would just spawn a bunch of timers. I'll have to experiment.

Here's a screenshot of it in action (and it being inaccurate).

Here's a screen shot of the trigger you need to make in order to spawn the timer when round time is incurred.

Here's the code for copypasta.

Code: Select all

GaugeRoundTime = tonumber(matches[2])

demonnic.newContainer = demonnic.newContainer or Geyser.Container:new({x=0, y=0, height=400, width = 200})
myCss1 = [[
border-width: 4px;
border-radius: 7;
border-color: red;
background-color: green;
]]
myCss2 = [[
border-width: 4px;
border-radius: 7;
border-color: green;
background-color: red;
]]

demonnic.anitimer:new("RoundtimeGauge", {x = 0, y= 1337, height = 20, width = "100%"}, GaugeRoundTime, demonnic.newContainer, true,"ROUNDTIME", myCss1, myCss2)
And you'll need to install the script thats attached with the package manager.

Enjoy, I'll update it as I figure some stuff out to make it more accurate.
Attachments
animated-timers2.1.zip
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

The Mudlet Plugin does not seem to like Tactics: Guerilla.

As soon as I enable it, it says my position is Avoid, my Tactic is Parry, and my Aim is "2." It also says that I am prone with a permanent 12 second roundtime.
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

It's because the plugin was never built when that option was around. For now I'll see if I can make a quick work around on the server side that will tell you that you are in tactics offense instead. It's can't say "Guerilla" yet because that is all client side wording.

I don't plan to release a new client side plugin until all the generalization stuff has been worked out. Otherwise I'd never have a finished plugin.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Ok, I updated anything that doesn't register as the old standard tactics to come out as "tactics: none". This way even if a tactics RAP-BATTLE was created it won't break the plugin.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Noctere wrote:This way even if a tactics RAP-BATTLE was created it won't break the plugin.
"Ely stole what?" Yeah, I've heard it all before.
Ely stole your life; now you're bleeding on the floor.
A revolver has six shots; I rarely need four.
Better take cover when I walk through the door.

There's something you should know before you step into the ring:
I've been outriding since before Outriders were a thing.
I play the Aranas game better than her own crew.
I've done a lot of work for the Abyssal Horror too.
It's all pro bono; I'll kill a punk for free.
I haven't got paid, so you can't say it's greed.

Assassins? Necromancers? Kidnappers? Scum?
You better not hide and you better not run.
I'll shoot you dead then ride back to town.
And drink enough whiskey to make a man drown.

All the folks in Shadgard know me by name.
Vengeance on their enemies is the source of my fame.
They come to me when they need someone killed.
It helps to have a reputation for being highly skilled.
I roll over one thousand so you know I'll hit the mark.
I can even shoot bastards who are hiding in the dark.

I wear the skins of dead beasts.
Killing rocs is no mean feat.
Giant birds got a lot of meat.
And they taste like chicken.

Waggle your fingers if you can't aim a gun.
Lurk in the shadows if that's your idea of fun.
Call on spirits if you can't fight on your own.
Hire a better mercenary; maybe you can get a loan.

Forget about your guild tricks.
Don't come here with that weak [crap].
Why can't you take a hit?
You had better learn to DODGE!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

You forgot to drop the mic.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Jaster wrote:You forgot to drop the mic.
*shoots the mic*
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

+1 Kudos to Elystole
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Stickied.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Technical Stuff”