Unofficial MUSHclient plugins

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Jaren

Unofficial MUSHclient plugins

Post by Jaren »

I have been working on some nifty little side plugins for mush. I have one ready to share called "Lazy Bandager!". What is does is pretty strait forward, it makes bandaging... well lazy. All you have to do to bandage yourself, or others, is type "ban" each time you want to heal a single wound. This plugin is dependent on my other plugins to function so be sure you are running those as well.

Requirements:
- The Official Custom Mushclient with plugins

Syntax:
- ban (to bandage yourself)
- ban <target> (to bandage others)

Features:
- Will automatically use a poultice to heal wounds of moderate or worse.
- Uses untreated bandages on the lesser wounds.
- Scrolls through the various wounds and auto selects the location for you.
- Super lazy....

Notes:
- It may not function properly if you remove bandages from a container with a suffix Ex. "a yellow poka-dot backpack" will work, "a yellow poka-dot backpack with a giant taco emblem" will not work.
- The bandaging other feature is a little wonky sometimes so be patient with it.
- DO NOT USE WHILE IN ROUNDTIME! Wait till your roundtime is over or you may be stuck with an extra bandage in your hand.
- I consider this whole thing in the alpha stages so please let me know of any bugs. (Oh yes, there WILL be bugs)
- This entire plugin is client side only which means if any GMs change ANYTHING it will cease to function.

Download here:
lazy_bandager2.zip
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Jaren

Re: Unofficial MUSHclient plugins

Post by Jaren »

Have you ever had trouble figuring out where you are in a screen full of battle text? Do you hate typing 'look' all the time to see where you are? Are you trying to cut down on screen clutter and like to have everything organized? Well, you're in luck! Jaren's new look_window™ plugin will take care of those problems and more!

This plugin will move (or copy) the entire contents of the 'look' information into another window.

Requirements:
- None

Syntax:
- plugin lookecho (To have the look screen copied in both the main and look windows.)
- plugin looknoecho (To have the look screen moved completely over to just the look window.)

Install instructions:
- These plugins are intended to be a little more complex as these are not "official" plugins but I'll give a simple rundown on how to install.
Step 1, create a new world with blank information. No need to import default information over from another worlds so click 'no' to that.
Step 2, give it the world name: look_window and a tcp/ip address of: 0.0.0.0
Step 3, move the window to where you want it and be sure to save it.
Step 4, Unzip the file and install this plugin ON YOUR MAIN WINDOW via the file-->plugins-->Add button
Step 5, Do a little happy dance.

Download here:
look_window.zip
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
By the way, I did not intend this forum section to be just for my plugins. Please feel free to post your own. Just be sure your plugins follow the following guidelines.
- They do not break any of CLOK's policies. (Especially policy 5)
- They do not needlessly spam the server.
- They do not perform needless tasks or disrupt RP or any other situation where the plugin is no longer needed.
Ragib

Post by Ragib »

Hi, Jaren! I tried downloading these files, but every time I go to unzip them it tells me that there's an error, and that it found the end of the registry unexpectedly. (Also I can't unzip them.)

Can you reupload them?
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Sorry to say my mushclient files are super old and outdated. During the server transfer we had a while ago, many of the uploaded files became corrupted. I had backups of all the new Mudlet files so those have been saved but the mushclient ones... not so lucky.

I highly recommend you try the all in one easy installer here (It includes a copy of mudlet and all plugins for CLOK). You can also check out the Mudlet forum here for the latest manual plugins and information.
It's not easy being evil...
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

I thought I might have had these, but all I have is pluginator. I'll have to look sometime at how to recreate them, since Noctere/Jaren dropped support for MUSH.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Kent

Post by Kent »

TwistedAkai wrote:I thought I might have had these, but all I have is pluginator. I'll have to look sometime at how to recreate them, since Noctere/Jaren dropped support for MUSH.
I could try to zip up the ones I have and mail them to you. PM me with your e-mail address.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

I was just going to throw them up on DropBox or another free file host. Could save a step and do that yourself.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).

Return to “Technical Stuff”